MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar (1 Viewer)

mpb

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No crash here and great work.
Like the non-linear zoom!

Just wondering if this only occures with my installs... as couple of 'major' problems remain for me.

1. TsWriter doesn't clean up after itself... Although in the TVServer config I set it to a min and max of 3 streaming files...
TsWriter doesn't think a minute about creating more than those 3... which is all fine when you use a big HDD...
I'd prefer to use a ramdrive for faster channel changing and smooth watching while recording... and a ramdrive is
much more limited in space ofcourse and hence runs out of space (and than tv stops) when TsWriter creates more
than the configured number of streaming files.
2. Many a time when MP is started through (startup-) script... volume doesn't work on MCE remote (other functions do)
When MP is exited and restarted... usually volume control returns
3. HD playback in MP isn't smooth, while on the same PC (3,2 Ghz P4 and 8600GT gpu), with same codecs playback of
HD (i.e. HD/blueray/divx hd) content runs smooth.
This (smooth playback) goes for recorded HD aswell as live playback of HD channels through another TV-app.
(FireDTV => HD playback is smooth)
'funny' thing is that for example Discovery HD runs smooth at 50fps while National Geogr. HD/Eurosport HD/BBC
stutter and stumble at a mere 14fps .. than 25 fps 'smooth'.. dropping frames.. etc. ?? (EVR best.. vmr9 all worse)

Does anyone else run into similar issues??
(yes I did try full reinstall of both OS (vista32u) etc.)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have got the same error message when in Configuration.exe select plugins. Rest is ok in config.
Bild0004d78c.jpg

Edit

Helios.
I deleted the pureaudio.dll for testing. THIS is the plugin causing the error. :(
Im using dll version 0.2.0.1.

I just posted a reply in the asio plugins forum about this for Symphy. Its probably related to the bass engine.

EDIT 2
For people who are using PUREAUDIO.DLL

Pureaudio.dll is not working with this SVN (or later) for the time being. Just got this reply from Symphy, the creator of the dll.

Yup saw that one coming... MP has been upgraded to use BASS library 2.4 while the plugin still uses 2.3...
No quick fix for this one. I'll try to upgrade the plugin sometime soon so it can work again on upcoming 1.0.1 release.

RulerV

January 30, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
The same bugs as in previous build (My system is Windows XP Pro SP3):

1. This build never turn off monitor when blanking screen
2. Portal dos't restart after standby. Log attached.

PS.

I have tried to fix 2-nd bug by commenting the conditional killing process (use tskill instead taskkill) and now it work:

'If FileSys.FileExists(syspath + "tskill.exe") Then

strEcho = vbcrlf & Date() & "-" & Time() & ": Kill utility will be ""tskill"""
LogFile.writeline strEcho
' Using tskill to fix Mantis issue 1529
prockill = "tskill " & process

'Else

' strEcho = Date() & "-" & Time() & ": Kill utility will be ""taskkill"""
' LogFile.writeline strEcho
' prockill = "taskkill /T /F /IM " & process & ".exe"

'End If

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
    30.6 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Video in outside Window "ActiveMovie Window"

Hi all,

the good news: With this SVN I do not have the problem of the previous (no TV channels found, like some others).

On my Single-Seat-System everything is ok.

On a second client, however, I get TV and Movies not within MP, but in a seperate window "ActiveMovie Window". I tried different codecs, I tried EVR instead of VMR9 (not working: Cannot play stream, "Audio codec"), no success

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alfred

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

woddog

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2007
    Townsville, QLD
    Home Country
    Possible DVD bug

Has anyone else noticed that autoplay DVD doesn't work. Also, clicking "play DVD" in the menu generates "please insert disc"error.

Using the latest SVN. DVD playback works in PowerDVD. Tried enabling/disabling anyDVD, same errors

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom