MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar (2 Viewers)

RulerV

January 30, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
chemelli
Sorry for inattention. I have tried it too with same result. But improved log said that script can't find 'tskill.exe' while it exists.

11.02.2009-13:07:07: Starting "restart.vbs" with "C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe" (v. 5.7)
11.02.2009-13:07:07: Looking for "tskill.exe" in "C:\WINDOWS\system32"
11.02.2009-13:07:07: "tskill.exe" not found
11.02.2009-13:07:07: Kill utility will be "taskkill"
11.02.2009-13:07:07: Executing "taskkill /T /F /IM MediaPortal.exe"

I found error. You should write:

If FileSys.FileExists(syspath + "\tskill.exe") Then

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    chemelli
    Sorry for inattention. I have tried it too with same result. But improved log said that script can't find 'tskill.exe' while it exists.

I updated the script in the other thread. I fixed the issue :(

:sorry:

Simone

jwdaigle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    DirectX November 2k8 update ok with latest SVN

Hi All -

I had a problem with previous SVN where I had installed latest DirectX update (Nov2008) - I kept getting a message that told me my DirectX was out of date. Vista32 SP1 on an Intel G45ID.

Is this resolved in latest SVN just released?

(Im not even sure if this issue is related to MP, or is a generic Vista problem?)

joe

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

the good news: With this SVN I do not have the problem of the previous (no TV channels found, like some others).

On my Single-Seat-System everything is ok.

On a second client, however, I get TV and Movies not within MP, but in a seperate window "ActiveMovie Window". I tried different codecs, I tried EVR instead of VMR9 (not working: Cannot play stream, "Audio codec"), no success

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Alfred

Hello Alfred,

this is a codec issue for sure.
    Please reinstall PowerDVD completely. Note that their current update has serious flaws (broken h.264 codec), too.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please reinstall PowerDVD completely.
    Hi rtv,
    thanks for the fast answer; however, reinstallation of PowerDVD6 did not help.

What I am wondering about: As it works on the Single-Seat-Machine, I also think its a problem of my client PC. But:
    Without the SVN it works. So the codecs should be ok? Or did the codec handling/requirement change with the SVN?
    Alfred

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please add log files to your post,
    instructions can be found in my signature.

We really should start to delete all bug reports and SVN related error comments when the reporters are too lazy to include logs.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    With changes that are bound to break a lot of 3rd party plugins (like the new Bass.dll causing all sorts of plugins to crash configuration), perhaps you could instruct SVN users to remove 3rd party plugins, then add them one by one when they see that MediaPortal runs correctly? I'm sure this would sort out crashes and "bug-reports" that's not really related to MediaPortal.

I think that most users that test out these SVN versions are also very keen on trying new exciting plugins (yes, I'm addicted to the forum as well). Add those two elements and you're in for some unstable setups.

Also, MediaPortal is lightening fast in the last SVN. Thank you for your amazing work.
    Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    With changes that are bound to break a lot of 3rd party plugins (like the new Bass.dll causing all sorts of plugins to crash configuration), perhaps you could instruct SVN users to remove 3rd party plugins, then add them one by one when they see that MediaPortal runs correctly? I'm sure this would sort out crashes and "bug-reports" that's not really related to MediaPortal.

Every SVN release is already instructed to be installed as a clean (without old settings or plugins) :) But you can see how hard it is to convict people (actually testers as SVN versions arent ment for normal users) to do so. As a result there are lot of unrelated bug reports and nagging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom