MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-28-2009 00-07h - Revision:21813.rar (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with svn 21813 on changing channel, which is causing the picture to freeze on the current channel. No error message comes up but the logs seems to indicate a problem creating the timeshifting file.

I'm using a 256MB ramdrive for timeshifting, with MP set to min/max 3 files of 80MB. When the problem occurs, there's about 130MB free on the ramdrive. Never experienced this problem with this setup on previous builds.

I'll post logs in the support thread.

I think I've got to the root of this problem, or at least learnt how to set TV Server's options correctly to avoid it occuring. Please see my support thread for details but it appears to be down to my twin-tuner setup and MP wanting to reserve enough space for ts files for both tuners.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-302/livetv-freezing-55764/#post386103

I'm trying to post about another bug but it's being incorrectly identified as a doublepost and automerged with my last post. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Thanks.

If, in MP config, I go to Television -> TV Client -> Notifier and enable Notifications (other 2 boxes on this tab unticked), an unhandled exception error dialog titled .NET FRAMEWORK pops up on starting MP. MP Config also pops up a similar error dialog titled MediaPortal - Configuration if I go to the Plugins tab whilst Notifications is enabled. In both cases, clicking on Continue allows me to carry on without any further problems (that I've noticed).

I actually reported this problem with svn 21793 but didn't know what was causing it then. I tried Amabass' improvements with that svn before I noticed this error, but it was still happening after I rolled back to the original svn files, so it's unlikely that it's related to those.

Bug report filed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-unhandled-exception-popups-55802/#post386213

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ASIO in BASS Player is broken for me. I was using 1.0 final till now (didn't try any SVN, yet), with no problems (ASIO4ALL v2 Driver). No error, nothing strange in logs. File appears to be playing for MP, but nothing can be heard.

Disabling ASIO, all is working fine.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ASIO in BASS Player is broken for me. I was using 1.0 final till now (didn't try any SVN, yet), with no problems (ASIO4ALL v2 Driver). No error, nothing strange in logs. File appears to be playing for MP, but nothing can be heard.

Disabling ASIO, all is working fine.

Works fine here.

One problem I found which is not directly related to this SVN leading to the same problem is
    when you have MP skin sounds enabled.

As starting a song plays a skin sound this sometimes blocks ASIO from using this sound device. I solved the problem by disabling skin sounds in config.

Maybe this helps.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Works fine here.

One problem I found which is not directly related to this SVN leading to the same problem is
    when you have MP skin sounds enabled.

As starting a song plays a skin sound this sometimes blocks ASIO from using this sound device. I solved the problem by disabling skin sounds in config.

Maybe this helps.
    This solved my problem, so thanks grubi.

BTW, just note that I was confused. I though it was working fine in 1.0 final, but I forgot I was using PureAudio plugin, which in my machine is not working with this SVN version.

So devs, please forget my report. :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi.
    Not sure if this is a bug.
    I add to my SAF package MP version check. This info is obrained from mregistry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal
    Key "VersionBuild"

Some users reported me, they have this value empty (they are on Vista). I have 3 XP machines, and i have build number there.
    36512d1236103763-standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-screenshot.jpg

So it looks like there are some issue on Vista system.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hoborg

Seems to be working here with Vista32

sshot-9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom