MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-07-2009 01-58h - Revision:21864.rar (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When I uninstalled the latest SVN, using the complete cleanup option, and then reinstalled v1, my Recording and Timeshift folders and my Timeshifting settings were preserved (possibly other settings as well but these are the ones I'm sure about).

It was nice in a way as it saved me having to set them again, but it's obviously not expected behaviour and if, for example, the problems I've been having with LiveTV were in any way caused by my setting the timeshifting settings badly then it would obviously be better if the cleanup and install had started me off with the default settings.

As it is, now I have to ask. What are the default timeshifting settings (under General settings)? :D

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Recording schedules are also immune for deinstallations ;). While for SVN upgrades customs key changes will be overwritten with default ones while the rest of configurations (decoder, mytv, ...) stays the same.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So you're both still using your "old" database although you selected the full cleanup? That shouldn't happen..

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Ah sorry, it makes sense now. At the uninstall point where it prompted me to uninstall the database I believe I told it not to.

I didn't realise that the settings are stored in the db and I was a bit worried that it was going to uninstall Microsoft SQL completely and thought that might cause problems when doing the fresh install. Consider myself schooled :oops:

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    I have made a complete database drop (I think the last option on the uninstall dialog). Channels, TVServer configs etc. have been gone, but recording schedules remained.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have made a complete database drop (I think the last option on the uninstall dialog). Channels, TVServer configs etc. have been gone, but recording schedules remained.

If the database is dopped then all schedules, channels, settings, etc are gone as well.
    If there is still something remaining then I suspect the MP installation to be tainted by some 3rd party software. I don't know all apps that take over scheduling but the the most common root of problems usually is 4TheRecord. Did you maybe try to configure that?

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    I have installed the MS SQL Browser, but didnt change anything (just wanted to have a look on the database structure). And no 4TheRecord installed also.

But my MP installation has gone very bad (lots of SVN's and MPC subtitles patches) so I completly uninstalled it for a reason. Maybe the whole thing was just too broken after all (no DXVA for live tv but videos etc.). I still have an image before uninstalling SVN 21864, I guess I can try to reproduce it.

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I noticed this a while back while listening to a really long (classical) MP3: In now playing, if your track's minutes go into the double figures, the text for the seconds overlap the progress bar. This is in Blue3 Wide.

Not a biggie but easy to fix I'm sure.

Chris

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any chance for a new SVN release :) or an Sourceforge SVN update - i've seen ambass has made some interesting changes again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom