MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-01-2008 19-31h - Revision:19843.rar (1 Viewer)

CharlieMopps

Portal Member
August 17, 2007
I had RC1 installed... I updated to RC2 and then installed this update.

Suddenly my remote stopped working correctly. Some buttons worked, others didn't. The entire remote would not work at all while in fullscreen mode (i.e. watching a movie or visualization)

I finally figured out that I had been using the MCE replacement plugin, and when I updated (not sure if it was the RC2 update or this weekly update) it removed the replacement but did not check the "MCE remote" option in the config menu. So it seems to have remembered some config settings but not others.

It also erased all of my prior folder settings. I had to reset all my folders and Milkdrop doesn't seem to work anyone. Not sure if this was intentional.

Not sure if you guys had already figured all this out or not. But I thought I'd mention it. I suppose I should have done a full uninstall / reinstall before a major update like this. lol

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Not sure if you guys had already figured all this out or not. But I thought I'd mention it. I suppose I should have done a full uninstall / reinstall before a major update like this. lol

This is what our installer does :)
    Reason why you "lost" all your settings...

Simone

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updated from RC1 SVN 19510 to RC2 this SVN, with clean installation.

I use the autostart-function of MP. When I reboot the PC, now I get this Message:
    This sample cannot run in a desktop window with the current display settings. Please change your desktop settings to a 16- or 32-bit display mode and re-run this sample.

Display is set to 32-bit. Before the update I didn't get this message. It's just a minor issue, but a little annoying. Logs are attached.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. It was not possible to use my old database. TVService couldn't start.
    2. When I try to watch TV with mpTVClient, I'm not able to swicht the channel. The stream keeps alive and vlc starts it always from the beginning.
    3. EPG-Problems! Because the stream always keeps alive and the channels keeps tuned, I'm not able to grap EPG-Data!

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    im having lots of issues with tvserver RC2, mediaportal runs good.

how should i try new svn only of tvserver? i need to have tvserver rc2 installed cause althought its a requirement, when i execute the tvserver sv installation it says to uninstall old version.

thanks

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    im having lots of issues with tvserver RC2, mediaportal runs good.

Please do a complete bug report using the guideline.

how should i try new svn only of tvserver? i need to have tvserver rc2 installed cause althought its a requirement, when i execute the tvserver sv installation it says to uninstall old version.
    thanks

You must use the same SVN for both MP and TV-Server.

Simone

KiLo81

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    QAM Scan = BSOD

Since the last svn of RC1 I get a BSOD every time I try to scan QAM on my Avermedia m780 card. Never had any problems up until now. I'm really missing my HD channels and football is about start:eek:. :D

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This version works very nice, especially Dialogs are rendered very smooth now, no matter if a video is playing or not.

I´m NOT using EVR.
    Something changed to the key mapping or to the recognition of keys.
    The key "x" to change from fullcreen to GUI doesn't work anymore.
    The keys "2" to "9" as well as "0" do not change channels anymore.
    When I press the "1" key, i get quiet interesting information, but MP doesn't change to channel 1.

Did I miss something ? Can't find anything in mantis/changelog.

Tried to replace the new keymap.xml with an old one, but no change.

Keep up your great work,

thanks in advance,

Tobi

can't find the checkbox for UserCP

I think I might be having the same problem, but I can't say for sure. I'm using this version of the SVN and today I decided to try out the MCE Replacement Plugin. Everything works fine but the number keys on my remote don't seem to do anything. For example, in the MCE Plugin configuration I tried to map the "5" button to an action. But MediaPortal isn't responding to the "5" button at all. It makes the "click" sound but the action doesn't take place. I haven't looked into it enough to see what it is doing when I press the "5". I just assumed it was a problem with my remote until I saw the post I just quoted.

Updated from RC1 SVN 19510 to RC2 this SVN, with clean installation.

I use the autostart-function of MP. When I reboot the PC, now I get this Message:
    This sample cannot run in a desktop window with the current display settings. Please change your desktop settings to a 16- or 32-bit display mode and re-run this sample.

Display is set to 32-bit. Before the update I didn't get this message. It's just a minor issue, but a little annoying. Logs are attached.

I've had that error for a while. Using Vista 32bit. I just configured MediaPortal to wait 30 seconds before starting. I think it was trying to start before Vista was fully booted up.

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Actually, same here... down key of the remote seems to work. Up key doesn't... Also whey I select a channel by number, the on screen display pops up actling like the channel is about to change, but nothing happens.

Also, the TV-service is still broken after resuming from standby (see previous svn thread) + DivX playback is still not working as it should (MP seems to lose focus on playback)

Since this is running on my primary TV, I decided to go back to the prelast RC1 svn, since that worked best for me.

Phoenix_TT

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has any tried the advanced record feature with this SVN ?

Yesterday I tried it, recording all shows on the same channel (I think that's the wording, or something to that effect) For me all it did was create XML files but no .ts files.

Normal recording (just one show) worked ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom