MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Both the Home and Professional version of Windows XP come with the tool Tskill . In addition, XP Professional has the more powerful tool Taskkill.
    Source: Managing Windows XP Programs from the Command Line: Taskkill and Tskill

I think it's best to use PsKill, and distribute it along with MediaPortal
    PsKill v1.12
    It's a part of PsTools, which is a part of Windows Sysinternals, which is originally made by Mark Russinovich

Uh, pressed accidently the "thanks" button... Most likely we cannot distribute that binary.

maybeme

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    You're right.

License
    No part of PsTools may be redistributed in any way, or by any means, without the prior written permission of Sysinternals LLC. If you wish to redistribute

PsTools, for example for use within an organization, please contact licensing@sysinternals.com.

But you can ask? Or just use tskill if possible

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Something to test for:

replace the "taskkill..." line in restart.vbs with "shell.Run "tskill Mediaportal", 0, true"

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    as i stated before im having some issues with tvservice.

when i boot the computer the service is started but i get a "no free card available" message.

if i try to go to tvserver configuration i get a message saying to start tvservice, although its already running.

if i kill it and run it again, sometimes it loads correctly, but normally i get this message...

2008-08-10 17:16:49.328928 [13]: TVController:ValidateTvControllerParams - incorrect parameters used! cardId 1 _cards.ContainsKey(cardId) == False CardPresent False
    2008-08-10 17:16:49.348956 [13]: at TvService.TVController.ValidateTvControllerParams(Int32 cardId, Boolean checkCardPresent)
    at TvService.TVController.Enabled(Int32 cardId)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerObjectTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerContextTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessageCallback(Object[] args)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.DispatchChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RequestQueue.ProcessNextRequest(SocketHandler sh)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BeginReadMessageCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

only option is to reboot and repeat everything until it loads correctly doing the same exact thing.

its running a T500 and ive tried setting the detect card from 0 seconds up to 240 seconds.

any idea why i get this message that unables me to even get into tvserver configuration?

:D

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Can you all with restart issue make this quick test please:

- Start Mediaportal in window mode (Configuration->General->Untick start fullscreen)
    - Double click C:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\restart.vbs

is MP killed and restarted or not ?

Simone

Hi Chemelli,

tried it now and the result was simple... Mediaportal started :) But how can I manage now that it does when it's coming from Hibernate? Sorry if that sounds strange but I'm not a developer, so sometimes I need a kickin to find out what a solution for a problem could be ;) If there is one for this behaviour I can do myself?

:D so far for your attention

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

- Start Mediaportal in window mode (Configuration->General->Untick start fullscreen)

Simone

Hi Chemelli,

tried it now and the result was simple... Mediaportal started :) But how can I manage now that it does when it's coming from Hibernate? Sorry if that sounds strange but I'm not a developer, so sometimes I need a kickin to find out what a solution for a problem could be ;) If there is one for this behaviour I can do myself?

Somehow the script seems to behave differently when PC wakes up from S3. I was able to reproduce the bug on my HTPC also. Could you test following, seems to work on my HTPC:

replace the "taskkill..." line in restart.vbs with "shell.Run "tskill Mediaportal", 0, true"

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Simone

Hi Chemelli,

Somehow the script seems to behave differently when PC wakes up from S3. I was able to reproduce the bug on my HTPC also. Could you test following, seems to work on my HTPC:

Hi tourettes,

tried and... wow :) It works! Mediaportal is starting up again after Hibernation.

:D a lot :D

stians

July 3, 2008
    Oslo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If I recall correctly Sysinternals was bought by Microsoft a few years ago, so I doubt you'd have a lot of hope getting redistribution rights :(

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

Simone

Here Vista Sp1, the "C:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\restart.vbs works, but if I set on general option to restar on resume does not

iosu

zdeny

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Please, can somebody confirm to have this problem also ?

Watching a channel in client - in MyTV; click on "Record Now"; after a while, stop recording by click on "Stop Record".
    After this, channel change no more possible; the "Unable to start timeshifting, No free card available" message showed.

In TvServer Config / Manual Control I can see that two TimeShifts of this channel are in progress - one for watching (user: pcname - ok) and other for recording (user: schedulerXX - this should be stopped - but it isn't)... After stopping these by clicks on "Stop TimeShift", MyTV in client is working normally again - as before the manual recording...

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom