MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-20-2008 10-52h - Revision:20268.rar (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Personally I hate wmp11 ... it has really nasty features.. if MP can be run without it.. I would really favour that..
    (one of the things is the drm.exe that runs ALWAYS and seems to me like spyware.. )...

You must have installed something related to digital rights management or actually have spyware because drm.exe should not be running always. I have been using WMP11 for a while and I have never seen this file running ever and its not on my drive either so it is certainly not a dependency of WMP11.

check again.. its really there.. its not called drm.exe... (was just a figure of speech)
    (do you really think MS would call it DRM.exe ? :D)
    Its called mfpmp.exe
    and eats away your cpu cycles always.... even where there is a non drm file being played..

on slow computers it takes up so much cpu that it cannot play movies anymore, which with other players like vlc would be no problem..

Try google with mfpmp.exe you will be in for a surprise :D

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, my first logpost is here! With this svn version (first since rc2) I have good eperiences, but...every day when I come home from work, mp is frozen...well, almost. After a long frost period you sometimes hear the clicks of the buttons you hit during this freeze, quickly after eachother.
    I did a completely new install.
    Deleted everything according to the instructions and installed MP all clean.

The only way to close of is the taskmanager. after that the 'errorlogcollector' pops up, and here is the resulted zip file.
    It looks like the tv server part of MP causes trouble...because every time this occurs, when I start up tv-server config, it says the service is not running. So for some reason unknown the tv service crashes at least once a day...

I hope someone can fix this before RC3...

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chemelli.

In which way?
    Does the installer chooses MP11 now or is it no longer a requirement (which I would prefer personally)?

Regards,

grubi.

If this WMP11 is a must have.. then please highlight this in such a way a user really chooses this update , or include it in the installer ?

Installer has been already updated :p

Simone

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wouldn't it be great if we can select which 'tp' will be searched when installing the new TV-Server from SVN?

My point:
    I got DVB-T from KPN in the Netherlands (Digitenne). When installing the TVServer from SVN, it recommends the old TVServer sw to be deinstalled (including dropping the old db). So... if I do that, I will have to search for channels all over again.

(if, however, it is not required to drop the old database with channels, then please make an option to deinstall TVServer and leave the db untouched! That would save even more time!)

Thx,
    -Jigs

When uninstalling, when it gets to the point that asks if you're sure you want to do a FULL uninstall, choose no. This will still uninstall the TV server, but will leave the database alone. I always do it this way. If I run into problems, then I delete the database & rebuild it. Open the folder that TV server is in & leave it off to the side. You'll see the installer remove all the old files, & then in stage 2, dump in all the new files. You're DB will be intact.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Several problems have cropped up in this SVN:
    1. Series recordings of type "Record every time on every channel" produce zero length TS files.
    2. The recognition of remote control keypresses, which was never 100% reliable, has become even less so.
    3. Crashes on resume from hibernation (see attached logs).
    4. Watchdog zip files have previous day's date (see attached).

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    jimbolina: try the latest build, it should now be possible to turn _off_ the use of CAM per tv card in SertupTv.

If the Twinhan driver does not honour that setting let me know and I'll make sure it works.

jigsjdg: you should go into SetupTv and Edit your card, turn on the use of CAM. The database was just updated to allow each card to use or not use CAM.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm still having problems with PowerScheduler not waking up the system to do recording.

I've reported this problem for RC1 a while ago:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hronization-concurrency-bug-42094/index2.html

So the problem is that when I schedule recording and put the system to suspend, recording is missed because the system doesn't automatically wake up. I don't get any more errors in the logs as I did in RC1 but the problem is same.

In RC1 I fixed this issue by using PowerScheduler.dll that Bavarian attached to thread (link above, page 1).

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems that every time a recording starts, tv service crashes silently in the background and MP freezes for a while.
    If I do nothing at this point, I get an empty recording file...
    Stopping MP, starting tv service again and starting MP again and the recording starts correctly...

I did a totally clean installation, and this seems to hapen allmost every time a recording should start :(

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    RC3 installer will look for WMP11 and if not there -> download + install

Simone

Hi chemelli.

In which way?
    Does the installer chooses MP11 now or is it no longer a requirement (which I would prefer personally)?

Regards,

grubi.

If this WMP11 is a must have.. then please highlight this in such a way a user really chooses this update , or include it in the installer ?

Installer has been already updated :p

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom