MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-17-2008 19-45h - Revision:20514.rar (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

the MediaPortal Installation Setup screen still says 'RC2' instead of 'RC3'. The complete text:

'MediaPortal 1.0 RC2 SVN build 20514 for TESTING only by Team Media Portal'

(this is a minor issue, but easy to fix...)

regs from Stuttgart

This is not so good, for you.
RC2 wasn't de-installed correctly.
So completely deinstall RC2 and then install RC3.

regs from the Netherlands.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I've just updated to RC3 + this svn

It has introduced some very bizarre channel changing problems.

I've attached logs of the below actions

1 - Tune to BBC 1 (About 4x slower than RC1 (my previous version) - logs show DVB T failing to start timeshift - though if I manually begin timeshift this tuner can connect fine

2 - Tune to ITV 1 (Very slow channel change - when it does occur the video begins at the start of the same timeshift buffer file (showing BBC 1) - I have to jump to the end of the file to see the correct channel)

3 - Tune back to BBC 1 (Very slow channel change - yet again jumps to very beginning of timeshift file (showing BBC 1 from step 1 - I have to jump to end of timeshift to show current BBC 1).

This happens whether I have preload enabled or disabled for all these tuners

Channel changing and all these tuners were working fine in the version of MediaPortal showing in my system spec

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mortstar

Do not keep your sql database, there was a change with RC3, that may be why your TV channel changes are so slow.

I did a clean install and my channel changes are as fast as they have every been.

btw, only thing i can see in logs is card2 shows no signal\quality so it cannot tune, then its trying card3 full signal\quality which works.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the quick reply PD

I am using a fresh database for RC3, so I did channel scans with both DVB T tuners and the DVB S tuner.

The tuner showing no signal is the DVB T tuner, if I go and disable the DVB S tuner (which it falls back to) then it tunes in fine (but still has the weird timeshift buffer and slow channel change problems).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The tuner showing no signal is the DVB T tuner, if I go and disable the DVB S tuner (which it falls back to) then it tunes in fine

You have lost me on how this blackgold 6in1 card may be configured, because at this moment its going through tuning on card2 (dvb-t) and timing out on that because of no signal, and then going to card 3 (dvb-s) which it connect to channel, this was happening for every channel change registered in logs, thats a delay waiting to happen, or am i being thick, why no signal on dvb-t, thought these cards could be configured in multiple combinations.

Now you've got me going on how these cards are setup :)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I think it's a bit of a dead end.

The card (and all the tuners) work fine in RC1 (verified by me just reinstating my backup of that setup)

So basically it has 2x DVB T tuners and 2X DVB S (only 1 of mine is used as I only have one Satllite cable)

I have it configured so that the other DVB S and 2x Analogue (hybrid) tunres are disabled.

One of the DVB T is top priority, then DVB S then the 2nd DVB T.

They have got signal because they tune in if I disable the second DVB S tuner (within tv server config I can uncheck each tuner individually - which disables them). If I do this, the DVB T tuners can tune in fine to BBC 1, ITV 1 etc. etc.

EDIT: Just to confirm, if I go back to RC1 svn 19228 this is not a problem. Logs attached with working switch from BBC1-ITV1-BBC1 with svn 19228 for RC1

manvanstaal

Portal Member
    October 28, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After doing a clean RC3 + this SVN and re-calibrating to the 50" I found that MP is loosing the settings after a restart....

Maybe somebody of the team will have a look on that..

Regards Robertino

I ran into the same problem using XP MCE 2005 sp2. Besides that I found several times a TV-server which was not running anymore after returning from sleep mode.:mad:

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi parkuhr,

wakeup from "hibernation" or "standby"? Which Technisat-driver?

in the case of today: wakeup from standby.
    1694.dvb.pc.4.4.3 wdm drivers. that are the newst one, i think.

regards
    parkuhr
    update: there were newer drivers on technisat hp for my tv-card. now it seems to work. but can not be sure. have to make some further tests.
    give feedback asap i have news.

regards
    parkuhr

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1694.dvb.pc.4.4.3 wdm drivers. that are the newst one, i think.

For Technisat Skystar 2 driver version 4.4.5 is the latest:
    TechniSat Digital: Software & Treiber

well, the driver version history from technisat is weired for me.
    if you look at the link, you see driver Software 4.5.0.
    if you look in the archive you get driver: 1.7 something.
    so, i dunno why its called 4.50. but whatever. this drivers are newer then the one i had.
    thx 4 information.

regards
    parkuhr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom