MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-20-2009 20-02h - Revision:23908.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkscythe

Portal Member
October 12, 2009
Home Country
Hey, has the Powersheduler Client plugin problem been fixed in this SVN, so that only Mediaportal Client can put the PC into standby after inactivity when its running, rather than TV scheduler? This means that if Mediaportal is not running, standby will not occur unless I press the standby button. No one seems to be acknowledging this problem, so I wanted to see if its been fixed, been encountered by others, or simply being ignored.

It is working currently as designed. MediaPortal is a HTPC application, so ideally it is always running on your HTPC. Remember that MP is just not a mediaplayer that is running sometimes :)

Currently there is no changed planned in this functionality / behavior. If you want to be able to close MP and still be working with the HTPC then you can add some 3rd party process (notepad.exe for example) in the powerscheduler's process list and open notepad to disallow the sleep.

Hmm...I thought that this was registered as a bug and supposedly fixed: 0001451: PC does not shutdown if only PS-Client Plugin ins configured to hibernate/standby the PC - MediaPortal Bugtracker
Otherwise, what is the point of having the Powersheduler client installed at all in singleseat installations. I thought a simple call from the PS client to the TV server to shut down/standby the PC would do the trick. Also, why is the TV-Server able to ignore all shutdown commands when outside of its time settings. Shouldn't those time settings only be when it controls the shutdown, with anything else (i.e. Windows) able to shut it down outside of those hours?
Sorry to be a pest about this, but it seems like a bug and I'm sure others have been having the same frustrations. Perhaps a proper bug submission might be appropriate...

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ahrrg... Close to harakiri with a fork...this svn don't standby, or resume as with last one.
    need some feedback on where to look. Same settings, clean install.

Anyway :D:D:D for your work:)

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Stopping mini TV display in Home GUI

• Start MP, go to the TV section.
    • Start channel (other than remembered from last session)
    • Return to Home GUI via backward (Esc)
    1. Cosmetic bug: mini TV display status string shows previous channel (remembered from last session)
    2. Press "B" to stop live tv in mini display - MP hangs in a deadly fashion.

Not reproducable in Debug mode - sorry for handmade log archive....

Attachments

• Stopping mini TV display in Home GUI.zip
      30.7 KB

Plueschi

Portal Member
    October 22, 2009
    Werther
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unless specific audio renderer has issues with S3. Drivers could be having a bug that causes such failure for specific audio renderer.

If restarting of MediaPortal doesn't help it is highly likely that the issue is outside MP.

Hmm.. That seem's to be strange, because the failure comes with this svn. When I go back on the backuped version by the installer (original stable beta), there audio works after coming up out of S3. So I can't believe it's a driver problem. I don't need to reinstall, only move the backup-folder and it works. :confused:

Then it indeed sounds like a MP bug, but cannot figure out why restarting MP doesn't solve it. Could you post the MediaPortal.log ?

So, I attached the MediaPortal.log. I make a complete restart of computer, start video (with audio all ok), wait for PS-Plugin to suspend computer, then I get out of suspend mode, MP started, start same video (but it's not important, can be any video) et voila: no sound. I checked wether it goes to another output: No, on no device it's responding. I hope you can see something in the log.

Some further tests:
    1. When I did a clean start of the computer, the sound of the videos are there. I can stop MP and start again, the sound is still there.
    2. When sound is ok, I stop MP and go to standby-Modus manually and get out of standby-modus and start MP again, sound is still there.
    3. Only when PS-Plugin goes to standby-Modus and I get out of it, the sound is missing. I hope this helps you, too.

bfbraun

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Start MP, go to the TV section.
    • Start channel (other than remembered from last session)
    • Return to Home GUI via backward (Esc)
    1. Cosmetic bug: mini TV display status string shows previous channel (remembered from last session)
    2. Press "B" to stop live tv in mini display - MP hangs in a deadly fashion.

Not reproducable in Debug mode - sorry for handmade log archive....

Same here. While stopping live tv with key "B" MP crashes down. PC has to be restarted.

XOR

April 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    TV channels switching. Russian channel names are not displayed at the bottom of the screen (In the EPG-window everything is fine) see nochannelname.jpg in attach.

Attachments

• screenshots.zip
      30.6 KB

Tarr

Portal Member
    September 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This version broke Subtitles when using DirectVobSub with MKV-Files. Unfortunatly part of the error message is german, nothing I can do about that. The earlier snapshot 23831 works still. Workaround is to config to use MPC subtitles, those are not affected.

2009-10-23 09:03:38.109375 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9:exception while creating DShow graph Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. bei MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.DirectVobSubUtil.AddToGraph(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String filename)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.DirectVobSubEngine.LoadSubtitles(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String filename)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()

Plueschi

Portal Member
    October 22, 2009
    Werther
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unless specific audio renderer has issues with S3. Drivers could be having a bug that causes such failure for specific audio renderer.

If restarting of MediaPortal doesn't help it is highly likely that the issue is outside MP.

Hmm.. That seem's to be strange, because the failure comes with this svn. When I go back on the backuped version by the installer (original stable beta), there audio works after coming up out of S3. So I can't believe it's a driver problem. I don't need to reinstall, only move the backup-folder and it works. :confused:

Then it indeed sounds like a MP bug, but cannot figure out why restarting MP doesn't solve it. Could you post the MediaPortal.log ?

:D for supporting so far.

@tourettes: Would it help, if you can take a look on the HTPC itself via a TeamViewer-Connection?
    Only when you have the time for it.

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Found another problem with this SVN and it was the same in the SVN before this one. If I hit pause and then play again, it stops the movie and doesn't remember where it jumped out. So I have to start the movie again and skip to the point where I was. I'm going to go and install the 1.0.2 again to see if the problem is the same there.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I see you've changed the channel searching, at least for DVB-S. It also creates a group called "Digital satellite". Can't i remove that group?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom