MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Weird problem with transparent PNG's

Hi

If I make a transparent PNG (with any graphics software) and put it in a skin, I hvae noticed that some kind of blur or shadow is added to the horizontal edges of this transparent PNG.

The problem is visible in the attached screenshots, best viewed in around 700% zoom.

I spotted the problem while working on a skin. I have attached a shot from it to show why this is a problem.

The second is the transparent PNG. This is just a solid color shaped as a box, with a hole in the middle. I made it in Adobe Photoshop, but I can also make it in Paint.net and get same effect.

The third is the PNG as it looks in MediaPortal. I have added a fullscreen white background in MediaPortal to better show the effect. This background can be any colour, it will still make the "effect" visible. Notice how there is some blending/bleeding/blur on the edges. But only the horizontal ones...

I can recreate the problem on a wide range on MediaPortal 1.0.2, 1.1.0 Beta and all the versions between, I can create it on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and with both ATi card and Nvidia :(

Attachments

• weird1.png
      weird1.png
      3.6 KB
    • weird2.png
      weird2.png
      3.6 KB
    • dump.jpg
      dump.jpg
      358.5 KB

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    What file you did try to play? Sounds like you have been playing a file that has MPEG2 video stream at the beginning that thats why a codec that supports both MPEG2 and H.264 is working.
    Uploaded to ftp first 20mb of this file and also a couple of other samples - SD and HD.

tweeKpot

January 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Since SVN 23908 MediaPortal hangs while listing through MyMovies or TVGuide.
    Logs attached.

sklover

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2006
    tourettes

On my windows7 (32Bit) system picture freezes (sound continues with no stutter) on live-tv if I change channel from
    SD to HD. If I stop live-tv and start again HDTV is working. Also changing channel from HD to SD is no problem.
    Using PDVD9 codecs for MPEG2 and .H264 / AC3 V1.63b.
    For details see my system specs.
    Attached logs were recorded with following scenario:
    switch on TV on SD channel switch to HD - (picture freezes, sound cont.) - stop and restart live tv --> HD channel is working fine.
    Switch to another HD channel --> OK switch to SD channel --> OK.

Using various audio codecs (MS, MPC)did not change this behaviour.
    BTW. DivX .H264 codec is working fine.

Regards

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't know why this change was introduced, but I changed back to #Play.Current.Title, and I don't see any problem in both: Videos and TV.

In this SVN if you play a video file in My Videos and press Pause, Skip, etc., you see the TV channel information instead of current title information in the infobar. Possibly because there is a change of <label>#Play.Current.Title</label> to <label>#TV.View.channel</label> in common.play.progressbar.xml in Blu3wide skin.

It's not fixed because we need Harley to look at it, and he is very busy at the moment.

Simone

Change channle using ch+/ch- and then try the same using numbers on the remote.

Simone

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    UPDATE: TS fie can be found here: ftp://ftp.team-mediaportal.com/ --> Folder DVB-S --> [GER]_[ARD]_[frequency]_[typeTSC]_[Das Este HD]_[FTA]_SVN24102_pacthed_TSReader.zip

That sample doesn't work here with the patched TsReader. Could you test the TsReader with 1.1.0 alpha has? Does it work ok?

With the TsReader from 1.1.0 Alpha as well as the TsReader from 1.1.0 Beta 1 (without any SVN), the sample as well as all my HD channels do work perfectly! No stutter and no audio/video sync issue with H.264. With the TsReader from SVN 24102, all files stutter and audio/video is completely out of sync (several seconds!).

If you need anything else, please let me know.

If you have some other H.264 channel, please upload a sample as well.

I uploaded 3 new samples to ftp.team-mediaportal.com --> folder "DVB-S".
    All files do play fine with TsReader from 1.1.0 Alpha or 1.1.0 Beta 1.

Hopefully you can get it work again with the latest TsReader.
    Please let me know, if I can do anything else.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi, after a full reinstall (exept TV dtabase) I have a error on configuration (twice when I click OK):

"a error occured while loading the plugin TvPlugin.TvFullScreen.
    It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

I found this problem with previous SVN... It is relate to volume control setting. Change volume control from wave to master or viceversa and close Mediaportal configuration. At the next open problem should be correct.

I just found out that I got this failure only after MP was opened. If I configure everything right the first time after installing then everything works. But if I enter MP configuration after MP was opened then I get the failure again.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    i do have a problem since previous svn and also with this svn.
    some of my recordings (30%) will not start, it keeps on crashibg MP

i already made all kind of changes to my settings but the same files keep on crashing.
    i can play them fine with a standalone player

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
      Naamloos.jpg
      73.5 KB

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i do have a problem since previous svn and also with this svn.
    some of my recordings (30%) will not start, it keeps on crashibg MP

i already made all kind of changes to my settings but the same files keep on crashing.
    i can play them fine with a standalone player

like I said in the 2009.11.06 thread, something is really wrong with the playback of recordings and no admin is responding to that comments, hope they do now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom