MediaStream by pilehave - upd. 22/08/09 (2 Viewers)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@blackEyEz, I don't think it is MediaStream in particular, MediaPortal 1.0.x has trouble with UAC in Vista (that's my experience anyway). In 1.1 alpha they're making it UAC friendly I believe. Haven't tried it yet because the skins and plugins go to new directories and I believe the skin needs to be compatible (could be wrong on that one).

MediaStream is running fine on 1.0.2 here. Try clearing the cache folder, or deleting your current config (mediaportal.xml). As long as you make a backup beforehand and keep the database and thumbs folders intact (because losing those would seriously suck). nothing should go wrong.

Thank you for replying i turned UAC off and cleared cache and the exception is gone *phew*

Now i have the next problem, i used the plugin preference of mediastream to create my menu and still i get a this screen:

mediastream.jpg

How do i solve this?

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What this configurator does, is generate a mediastream.xml, located in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Can you check if the changes made with the editor are properly saved? It can also be a remnant of UAC, since that generated a mediatream.xml as well probalby somewhere in your userprofile. I believe I had similar issues on my laptop when using (and turning off) UAC. It's been a while and I've moved to windows 7 on my laptop some time ago, so I can't look it up for you, but see if you have a folder structure like the one in programdata in your userprofile somewhere. You can delete those files since mediaportal doesn't (or shouldn't) use them anymore. Make a copy to be on the safe side, because like I said, it's been awhile :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could you post your MediaStream.xml AND what version of MediaPortal you are running.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you for helping me, here is the mediastream.xml its in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\

Im running MediaPortal 1.0.2 on vista32bit

Btw, thanks for this awesome skin, its by far the best skin i found on MediaPortal. I so cant wait to get this running.

Attachments

• MediaStream.xml
      30.6 KB

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What this configurator does, is generate a mediastream.xml, located in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Can you check if the changes made with the editor are properly saved? It can also be a remnant of UAC, since that generated a mediatream.xml as well probalby somewhere in your userprofile. I believe I had similar issues on my laptop when using (and turning off) UAC. It's been a while and I've moved to windows 7 on my laptop some time ago, so I can't look it up for you, but see if you have a folder structure like the one in programdata in your userprofile somewhere. You can delete those files since mediaportal doesn't (or shouldn't) use them anymore. Make a copy to be on the safe side, because like I said, it's been awhile :)

Yes the XML is generated with no problem, i read the different menu's in it. I sort have a hunch the location of this XML is wrong. Its generated right but not displayed when opening MP

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What must i do now? I did a complete reinstall of the skin and no go

The copy is not in c:\programdata\. Look in your userprofile, C:\Users\%username%. I don't know where exactly because I'm not MediaPortal on my laptop anymore. Because UAC prevents application to write in certain places, Windows makes copies in a place where you can write, like your userprofile.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you post your MediaStream.xml AND what version of MediaPortal you are running.

Have any news? im a bit stalling right now continuing setting up the HTPC.

Thank you :)

What must i do now? I did a complete reinstall of the skin and no go

The copy is not in c:\programdata\. Look in your userprofile, C:\Users\%username%. I don't know where exactly because I'm not MediaPortal on my laptop anymore. Because UAC prevents application to write in certain places, Windows makes copies in a place where you can write, like your userprofile.

There is nothing my my %username% folder about MP, it always has been in the all user folder which is the same as programdata.

Is there someway i can use watchdog to see what is wrong?

Edit: I included attachments of the MP log, the folder structure of my all users folder, skin and plugin folder.

Attachments

• skin.txt
      30.6 KB
    • plugins.txt
      30.6 KB
    • allusers.txt
      30.6 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Your XML-file is good, by memory I think the foldername must be excactly "MediaStream" and not "mediastream".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom