Meedio sells out to Yahoo (1 Viewer)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    bradsjm said:
    There are some very talented people in the Meedio community who wrote plugins and skins.

Absolutely, and I hope many people will give MP a chance.
    There will absolutely be issues for meedio users as you will first want to mimic how meedio was working for you.

After you get past this and learn how MP does things, and how you can make MP do the things you want I know for sure many will stick by MP.

Here's to open source and community!
    /me drinks a beer to that :)

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MrMario64 said:
    bradsjm said:
    There are some very talented people in the Meedio community who wrote plugins and skins.

Absolutely, and I hope many people will give MP a chance.
    There will absolutely be issues for meedio users as you will first want to mimic how meedio was working for you.

After you get past this and learn how MP does things, and how you can make MP do the things you want I know for sure many will stick by MP.

Here's to open source and community!
    /me drinks a beer to that :)

I agree wholeheartedly!

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One personal note:

Please don't post to Meedio threads and tell people to use MP, cause it's better or whatever. Whenever someone likes to use another HTPC app, he'll find his way. Maybe it's MediaPortal, maybe something else. No matter if it's a developer, a skinner or a user.

SystemLord

Portal Member
    April 20, 2006
    The Netherlands
    All of those customers left out in the cold.

Yep, recently bought a license of meedio pro.

I was upgrading from xbmc to a pc platform and i choose meedio because of the rich plug-ins.

Now i can't download them anymore even the upgrade sections are locked. I'm really pissed about this.

But can't stay pissed forever and have to go further with my htpc, so i'll give MP a try. :D

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    SystemLord - As a Meedio user, which plugins did you consider must have? What features did they have?

Mike

SystemLord

Portal Member
    April 20, 2006
    The Netherlands
    SystemLord - As a Meedio user, which plugins did you consider must have? What features did they have?

Mike

Mike,

Because i just started with meedio i had no time enough to review each one of the 250+ available plugins. But i managed to install the following plugins and i'm quite happy with them!

- C.Mee

This plugin receives datafeeds and messages, processes them and sends the data to your LCD as variables, to Meedio themes as datafeeds and to plugins as messages.

- MyGames

Simple and easy to use interface for setting up, browsing, and playing games.

Auto play support for Playstation and Sega CD games.
    Automatic downloading of game data and images
    Custom gamepad, sound, and video settings for each and every game. All of which are customizable through the Meedio interface.
    Unlimited save states.
    Ability to take screenshots of your progress through a game.
    Ability to view a game's overview, cheats, and manual while playing a game.
    Ability to mark a game as completed and/or as a favorite.
    Support for games that are 7-zipped
    Automatic muting of the game's audio while listening to music.
    Native support for:
    Gameboy Advance
    Nintendo
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Sega Master System
    Sega Genesis
    Sega 32X
    Sega CD
    Playstation
    MAME!

Can't help it i'm a retro gamer :D

- PlayMee

PlayMee is a Meedio video player enhancer. It will play media based on user-defined conditions (e.g. file extension or library fields) in any configured player (Meedio's internal player or external player). It provides: off-line media support with user-configurable prompts; auto-play of DVD, SVCD, VCD and user-defined media; automatic mounting and playing of image files using Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% or other image mounting software; Intro and Trailer support. PlayMee allows you to easily use an external video player with Meedio, while using the default Media.Movie.screen file.

- Meedio Helper

This plugin enables other plugins to open new modules, set theme-parameters and a lot more

- HDeeTV 2.0 (Theme)

An excellent theme which visualize other great plugins

homer

April 19, 2006
    I'm in the same boat as SystemLord. I just had it running pretty good. I also chose it because of the plugins available. I was getting ready to purchase it when the announcement was made.

I have two XBoxs running XBMC and love it so MP was the logical choice to check out. I am very impressed with what is happening here and thrilled with the new PMIII skin.

A few other plugins I'll miss (other than those SystemLord mentioned) are:

the MovieTimes plugin for local theater listings. You could also schedule a time to download trailers so you didn't have to stream them which was nice. I just set it to download new ones at night when I wasn't using it.

The Comics plug-in

The MeeTVshowsImporter plugin which neatly organized whole seasons and included episode information. I was using it with my Season DVDs.

I am very impressed with MP overall though and plan to keep tweaking. I've often thought about doing some plugin development so I might have to find some time to do that too. There is a great community here.

Homer

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    guys, you all show some great ideas in here!

Keep the ideas and code coming.
    We all make MP, thats so nice about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread