• Total voters

RSykes

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TvGide

Thanks GLenn,

I don't know if anybody else has had the flicker problem in TvGuide?

Thanks
Robert

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
hey glenn - i just had an idea :p

not sure if you've ever played around with it, but if you put a picture in the mediaportal\thumbs\music\genre folder, with a name matching a genre in your music catalog you can get thumbnails for music genres. what i'd LOVE to see is a mepo theme pack for music genres - complete with things like a punk mepo, reggae mepo, hip-hop mepo, etc. what do you think? :D

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    hey glenn - i just had an idea :p

not sure if you've ever played around with it, but if you put a picture in the mediaportal\thumbs\music\genre folder, with a name matching a genre in your music catalog you can get thumbnails for music genres. what i'd LOVE to see is a mepo theme pack for music genres - complete with things like a punk mepo, reggae mepo, hip-hop mepo, etc. what do you think? :D

ha! that sounds like fun. I'll check it out and see how much work there is to get it going. I may not have the time and have to fix a bunch of stuff first but it will definately be on my radar.

i just checked out your web link. no wonder you are into the music side of MP :)

Glenn

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    hi all!

I have just posted MePo Green in 4:3 AND 16:9 along with MePoBlack 4:3 and MePoGrey4:3 all rebuilt on the latest build of boliermaker's very nice blue two skin.

Hopefully some of the .xml is more up to date and I have modified a few things too. Notably, the tetris graphics in 16:9 are fixed, there is a snazzy mepo in my_trailers and I took the headers off most pages letting the semi transparent background text do the talking. This brings greater clarity and simplification to most pages IMOHO. I have yet to do some stuff but this should get you going for now.
    Once the polls have dried up, I'll decide on how to resolve the animation of MePo. At this stage it looks like he'll do a move or two, then settle down to a stop. I have noticed the home page is a little slow to rise now and was wondering if it had anything to do with the amount of animation happening. Any ideas or feedback on this appreciated.

Night!

Glenn

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    grassynoel , SUPER SKIN I REALY like the animation :D

perhaps a bit longer would be nice, loop 3x and 1/2 the speed

Could you make 3 logo's for:

My lyrics
    Uitzending gemist
    wwitv.com

adjust the pause OSD color and forward an backward speed OSD icons

Great SKIN !!

THere is a small problem with the LastFM skin:

2006-12-04 18:16:46.000000 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: iterationCount

at System.Windows.Media.Animation.RepeatBehavior.Parse(String text)
    at System.Windows.Media.Animation.RepeatBehaviorConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
    at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromString(String text)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.ConvertXmlStringToObject(String valueName, String valueText, Type type)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.UpdateControlWithXmlData(GUIControl control, Type controlType, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.Create(Int32 dwParentId, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines)

2006-12-04 18:16:46.000000 [Info.][MPMain]: Parent: 0 Id: 0
    2006-12-04 18:16:46.296875 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: iterationCount

at System.Windows.Media.Animation.RepeatBehavior.Parse(String text)
    at System.Windows.Media.Animation.RepeatBehaviorConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
    at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromString(String text)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.ConvertXmlStringToObject(String valueName, String valueText, Type type)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.UpdateControlWithXmlData(GUIControl control, Type controlType, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.Create(Int32 dwParentId, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines)

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Those thinge with the exception of wwitv.com have been noted. I will add wwitv.com to my list once I work out what it is :)

Glenn

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Love the idea of a raster reggae mepo!!! Or a bling Rap/Hip hop mepo!!! Goth mepo!!! HA so much fun. If you get time Glen please look into this.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Is it possible to have an option for those that want continuous aniamtions and those that just want 1-2 loops? Maybe use the enable animations option in the general setup page somehow?

I would really like continuous animations.

Cheers,
    Colin

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi,

Is it possible to have an option for those that want continuous aniamtions and those that just want 1-2 loops? Maybe use the enable animations option in the general setup page somehow?

I would really like continuous animations.

Cheers,
    Colin

It's a simple change. I will most probably make a loop that resolves into a pause so it will only be a small bunch of xml files to copy into the skin folder to change the MePo's into loops.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom