Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Holstebro
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Okay. It is working now - and thanks. :)

But when I download it, it is called MessagePlugin.zip

Can it be Ie9 that renames the files??

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Holstebro
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have it working perfectly now with eventghost.
But I am experiencing a delay when i push the remote buttons.
In eventghost i use "Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista/Win7" plugin and it is reacting pretty fast, but the commands sent by Event ghost seems to be delayed in MP.
So when I hold a button down (eg arrow down) it is scrolling i bit slow i MP.
Are there any way to fix this?

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have no idea of what could be wrong. Sorry!
Haven't you find anything weird in your logs? You may post them here :)

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Holstebro
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Here is the log.
I dont think that there is much to see.

What I did was:
1. deleted all log files.
2. changed log verbosity to Debug.
3. started MP
4. held held the arrow up button and scolling up.

But nothing seems to be in the log.

But I have an idea to what could be wrong.
In Eventghost I have made a auto macro repeat to get the ability to scroll when a button is held down for > 0.5sec
This way mediaportal get a lot of arrow up commands when the button is held down. But if Eventghost could tell Mediaportal that the button is held down then MediaPortal could do the scrolling.
Is it possible to get Eventghost to tell MediaPortal that a button is held down??

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No, that's not possible unfortunatly :(
I also use the "Autorepeat current macro" for this, but this is not slowing down anything. I have instant response in MediaPortal when pressing buttons, so it is possible :)

NightOwl69

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
I'm having the same trouble with the plugin not seeing the xml file.

It is definitely in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults"

I've got the latest dll and xml file from the website and copied them to the process and defaults directory as the readme suggests. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've just upgraded to the latest version of media portal (1.2.1) and the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is going to be very low when she finds out in the morning we no longer have remote control!

Help please!!!

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Euhm, I think you are doing it wrong. You should just install the MPE1 file, either by downloading it from the extension page or with the extension installeren, and all files will be copied to the right place.

What exactly did you download?

nh9927

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
The plugin will work flawlessly...as long as you ignore the instructions in the ReadMe. I'm not sure what the difference is but you'll have to install it through the Mediaportal Extension Installer, which is available in the Start menu Mediaportal folder. I think the MPE1 extension is associated with the extension installer by default, so you should be able to double click the MessagePlugin.mpe1 file and it'll install itself. If you have the .zip file and and are manually copying files around it'll never work.

Dragy et al,
Could you re-release the plugin without the ReadMe, or with updated instructions? There are few things more infurating than following the instructions to the letter, then have a message box pop up telling you a file is missing that you have just verified for the 17th time is in the right place. Makes you use certain words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread