Message Plugin for 1.2 Beta (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOwl69

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Dragy, thanks for taking the time to upgrade this plugin and getting it to work with MP 1.2. It's a key part of my HTPC.

nh9927, thanks for the tip. I went and dowloaded the file again and for whatever reason it renames it to .zip when I download it from MEDIAPORTAL - Message Plugin for MP1.2.

I simply renamed the download to .mpe1 and installed it and it all works great.

Thanks guys! I have remote control again :)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Aha! I didn't know that the readme is wrong.. I will bring out a new release soon.

//edit
Done!

I also removed the hip file.. Does anybody actually use it? I couldn't even find the HIP program on the internet.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Dragy,

I use rely on this plugin for my setup; thanks for keeping it maintained!

I have a somewhat non-standard setup (due to my IR receiver being non-standard; it's a VL.sys MX.Play, comes with my Moneual case). I use this MessagePlugin to receive commands from a simple command line program I wrote called SendMessage. SendMessage is called whenever my MX.Play driver software receives an IR command (the driver software maps IR commands to my SendMessage calls).

I've attached SendMessage (including source code) here in case it's useful for anyone else. To use SendMessage just put in anywhere on your PC and run it from the command line; it will output help info to get you started.

Thanks again for a very valuable plugin!

p.s. - would you like to create an entry in the MP wiki for this plugin? It might help people find it and figure out how to use it more quickly ;-)

Attachments

• SendMessage.zip
    88.6 KB

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Message Plugin for 1.2 Beta

You can't install this Plugin with the Extension Installer. It shows this error message

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    141.1 KB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread