Message Plugin for 1.2 Beta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

runner01

Portal Member
April 22, 2007
Does this work with 1.3 or anyone tried it yet???

Last edited:

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just wanted to point out that this plugin appears in the MP Extensions Manager but all links there are dead (non-existent URLs for the Extension web page icon and when you try to install the plugin). It also talks about 1.2 compatibility and the plugin download page appears not to have been updated in over 2 years.

Suggest that if this plugin is still compatible with MP 1.4 (which I assume must be else it wouldn't be appearing in the MPEM) that the web pages and MPEM entry be updated.

Its confusing that the plugin appears in MPEM yet all links are broken and the web pages are all very outdated, since anything showing up in the MPEM (by default) are supposedly compatible...

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that's what the developer of the plugin should have done, set dependencies for MP version it supports, but it seems that wasn't done, and therefor the plugin shows as compatible with 1.4 and probably isn't (and isn't downloadable either).

You can try the EventGhosPlus plugin as an alternative.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    The Install link in the Extension installer still returns an error - "Can't locate the installer package. Install aborted." Also (sorry, not trying to be petty), the download page pointed to in the new thread has a URL and title of https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/input-output/message-plugin-for-mp1-2

which is a bit confusing as it implies that the plugin is for MP 1.2, begging the question, "does it work on MP1.3 and 1.4?". I know that the description in the plugin implies this via "MP 1.2 and above" but no doubt it will confuse some and cause questions...

Last edited:

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you download new update info? If that doesn't work, clean the cache and download new update info.

I just confirmed on a PC without Message Plugin that I could download the new version.

And I asked to reply in the new thread :( Please, go on there.

Last edited:

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I didn't want the first reply post in the new thread to read, "still doesn't work"!
    Didn't try clearing cache but I'd tried downloading updated info. Am clearing cache and re-trying.

No, just cleared cache (File... Clean Cache) followed by updating info (File... Refresh Update Inof)>
    Message Plugin shows v. 1.0.1.1 and 1.0.1.0 in the Install drop-down. Clicking 1.0.1.1 returns same error.

Not sure why its not working here but works for you though. At any rate, seems to be a problem with the extensions manager. I can install the plugin manually.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread