[solved] Mini Display MP 1.13 and Volume OSD (1 Viewer)

uxDesign

Portal Pro
December 10, 2011
near Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, with MP 1.13 the volume OSD vanished as described in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/volume-osd-and-keyboard-keys-not-working.133356/
Besides the missing OSD some keyboard keys are also not working anymore.

rodler86 pointed out that deactivating mini display plugin brought back his volume OSD and so it is on my system.
I have a Futaba MDM 166a display.

Regards, uxDesign

Last edited by a moderator:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try installing that preview build:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4702-switch-to-sharplibdisplay.133472/

Install SharpDisplayManager and select SharpLibDisplay as your MiniDisplay driver.
    In the advanced settings select single line and the option that suites you best.
    Launch MP then head to SharpDisplayManager to select the font and other options that works best for you.

It could be that the older MDM166 driver is not playing nicely together with our new HID input handler, thus your issues.

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I tried it out but it crashed. I installed the 1.13.x build first and then the display plugin but it crashed with an exception dialog where I wasn't able open the panel for the stack trace. Even close didn't work. Strange thing.

I had other problems with video playback and therefore I was forced to go back to 1.12 at the moment which works fine again. I will wait for 1.14 when video playback is hopefully fixed.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I tried it out but it crashed. I installed the 1.13.x build first and then the display plugin but it crashed with an exception dialog where I wasn't able open the panel for the stack trace. Even close didn't work. Strange thing.

I had other problems with video playback and therefore I was forced to go back to 1.12 at the moment which works fine again. I will wait for 1.14 when video playback is hopefully fixed.

That's odd. Let me know whenever you have time to upgrade and debug those issues.
    At the moment using this build with the latest version of Sharp Display Manager should work.
    Volume, mute, REC and animated network VFD icons are all supported.
    You can setup your MDM166A display with single or double line layout select font and other fancy design options.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I came across this problem after updating my installation from MP1.11 to MP1.14.
    I use the MiniDisplay plugin for the iMon display in my Antec case. Before the update all works fine.
    Is the iMon driver not supported any more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom