Mini Display Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_damage

Portal Member
June 16, 2008
Sorry. Apologies. No offence intended.

I just find it (a) frustrating and (b) puzzling that after all the complaints on Soundgraph's forum, posted over several years by Chemelli and others, that we're still no further forward since Soundgraph finally delivered API's for both the display and for the remote.

However, I understand the pressures of having a day-job, so will try to be more patient in future.

Boogieman

Portal Member
November 3, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Mini Display Plugin

Simple question: I want to reinstall my MP Machine using W7.
Does the Minidisplay Plugin work with actual Versions of the IMon software, or do I have to use the "good old 7.77"?
I think 7.77 runs on W7?

I understand it as:
MiniDispalyPlugin is still the "old version"
MiniDisplayPlugin only works good with iMon v.7.77.1022

iMon v.7.77 works with:
- Win 7 x64
- MePo 1.1.3.0
- MiniDisplay plugin (using "soundgraph iMon USB VFD/LCD plugin v29_11_2009" as type in minidisplay for my Silverstone GD01-MX with display and iMon pad remote)

BUT iMon v7.77 hogs windows when it starts up for 10-15 seconds (there is a thread about this issue), so THAT IS WHY I would love a new version of MiniDisplayPlugin that supports the newer iMon versions.
It really doesnt matter if it support API or just a new version of iMon. As long as I dont have to wait extra time for my HTPC to start every time.

Regards
Boogieman

ps
Buying a faster PC wont help much (you still want a cool HTPC) if someone was thinking of that :).
I run Win 7 x64 sp1 on one of
Gigabytes quickest MoBos with a
Phenom 2 X4 945 3 GHz with
4Gb fast RAM and a
Intel G2 SSD and a
HD5770 GPU with 1Gb of RAM
ds

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

It really doesnt matter if it support API or just a new version of iMon. As long as I dont have to wait extra time for my HTPC to start every time.

I bet you use imon for remote, then remove it from startup and install IRSS. You get all the bell&wishes without any contra ;)

Simone

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    chemelli - just a quick question - is the new and improved version being rolled in to the MP core?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    not soon, unfortunately :(

If someone with good knowledge of C# would like to help, I have a interesting task for him/her that will improve quality of minidisplay in term of new features and new hardware support.

Simone

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Oh no :( I was really hoping it would be done quite soon. I have to choose either remote or display right now. Can't live without remote, so display is just turned on all the time. Anyways would be nice if someone would pick it up :)

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a LPT port HD44780 or LCD2USB working under windows 7 x64?

Before I go all out buying stuff... :p

If this isnt the place to ask, let me know I'll remove my post.

Thanks!

DW

***** EDIT *****

In case someone would be interested in knowing....

Made myself an LCD2USB+ last night using the schematics from this website: http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/lcd/

Haven't tested the buttons/fan/led side of things, but the LCD (2x16) is working perfectly using the Matrix Orbital driver.

Boogieman

Portal Member
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I bet you use imon for remote, then remove it from startup and install IRSS. You get all the bell&wishes without any contra ;)

Simone

Once again, thank you very much for your hard work with the plugin. :D

As an answer on your question, Yes AND no.
    I use the dispaly to show the info from MEPO when i.e. playing music without starting the projector
    AND I also use the remote to control mepo (regardless of having projector on or off) :)

But if I upgrade the iMon to a new version the display does not work, so it wont resolve my problem since I need both working :)

Actually the remote function is not the most important thing for me any more since I also use AmpDroid on my Galaxy tab as a remote and a "movie surfer" over WiFi.
    Its pretty cool to be able to scroll through your movie list with all the embedded info on the tablet OR simply use the tablet as a mepo remote if you want to use that function of AmpDroid. - really neat function that anyone with an Android tablet and MePo should try out :) (heil Linux and be gone MacOS :D with all your "tie the customer up to our rules and applications crap")

I hope AmpDroid will develop a "screen sniffer" as well so when you use the remote you can see the screen in the background (also with projector off, but that is not the problem). In that case I wouldn't need my Silverstone display nor IRSS nor iMon and I would have a totally interactive MePo system regardless if the projector is on or off :)

BUT!!!!
    In the long run I will probably need some kind of IR system and before there is hardware on the market for the android tablets I hope the minidsplay is ready.
    So either I wait with buying a Logitech RF remote or I wait for hardward for the tablet :)

Those industrial country problems :)

Be good guys, Love, peace and A LOT OF GIZMOZ :D
    Boogieman

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    not soon, unfortunately :(

If someone with good knowledge of C# would like to help, I have a interesting task for him/her that will improve quality of minidisplay in term of new features and new hardware support.

Simone

Hey Chemelli,

I would be happy to help with development of this plugin.

It would be nice to add VFD support into MPDisplay++ and make it a complete external display plugin
    Let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers
    Sa_ddam213

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom