chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi all,

as many of you already know, CybrDisplayPlugin was included in SVN some time ago.
    Since then many updates were done and the plugin is improving every day more !

The Team decided to rename it to something more meaningfull: MiniDisplay.

Take care that you have to delete both CybrDisplay and ExternalDisplay from %ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows and %ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process.

As it's the first time you are using it, remember to enable and configure :p

Simone

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are there also any fixes included that imon users can use display AND imon remote pad?

MrEdd

January 14, 2007
    If the minidisplay Plugin has immediately tested, unfortunately, the Crystalfontz display still does not function.
    If I the ExternelDisplay Plugin take the display goes. Please, please do goes the Display.

elevation1

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2008
    where i download minidisplay plugin? thanks... or i download only last svn... i don't understand... thanks a lot anyway ;)

p.s. sorry i've deleted cybrdisplay and external display and now i have minidisplay... there is always delay 15-20seconds when start mediaportal

Fatboysec

Portal Member
    March 28, 2008
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Where can it be downloaded?

Can you please tell us where we get this plugin? The Touchscreen display plugin from CyberMage has a probem that it consumes 50% of CPU power all the time.

Thanks

Bart

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all: thanks for this really nice plugin.

i have used "CybrDisplayPlugin" for a longer time with mit hd44780 4X20 lcd connected to the lpt port - everything worked fine.
    While surfing around the net i found an really interesting solution to connect my old lcd to the usb port - i just needed to buy a cheap controller. But the best thing was - a LCD-Hype Driver is also available (and as i saw the same drivers are used in the mini Display Plugin).
    You can find the solution at:
    Home - USB-LCD-DISPLAY
    I connected my lcd to the chip and the chip to the usb port. Then the driver was installed. I copied the driver dll to my LCD-Hyper folder, opened LCD-Hype, changed the LCD to the new "CH341 USB LCD", activated 4 lines and 20 characters and opened a simple clock script, which uses all 4 lines - worked perfect. The clock was shown over 3 lines and the date was shown in the 4 line.
    Now i stopped lcd hype, coppied the driver dll to MediaPortal\plugins\process\LCDDrivers and opened the MP Configuration. In the mini Display plugin i configured to use the "ch341 usb lcd" and activated 2 lines and 20 characters.
    I opened Media Portal and on the LCD the Idle Screen was shown without any errors. So i opened again the MP Configuration and changed the LCD to 4 lines and 20 characters. I switched back to Media Portal and now the idle screen wasn't displayed correctly any longer.
    The second line was still ok, but only with high contrast i could read the first line - what was happened:
    Instead of displaying line 3 and 4 in line 3 and 4 of the lcd the lines 1, 3, 4 where displayed in the first line. I don't think it's an driver error because with lcdhype everythings working correctly.
    What must i change so that lines 3 and 4 are display in lines 3 and 4 of the display and not in line 1???

Thanks for your help.

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no dev who can help? or is something not understandable?
    attached the mp log file....maybee that helps.
    [edit]
    extensive logging for mini display plugin was enabled in the log.
    [edit2]
    if i choose this drive in lcd hype i can choose between port 0-10. if i choose a hd44780 display i can choose ports like "378". in media portal it doesn't matter which driver i choose. i can always choose the ports lpt, com, usb, none, localhost. may that bee the error?

mau_mau

Portal Member
    December 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    For waskol

You wrote:
    For now, I have two minor issues :
    - First : the logitech harmony seems to throw IR commands to fast or in double so that it looks like when I press enter on my RC, MP receives the "enter" key comand twice in a throw.
    I partially solved the issu by adjusting the keyboard delay and repetition settings (wich can be done from within iMon manager" or Control panel). I do not have this issue with the little mini remote I got with my case.
    Edit : I just understood that may be the iMon manager throws a kind of "double-click", I have to check this this evening.
    Edit n°2 : It was just a few settings to modify (delays, repeat) in the Logitech Harmony programmation :
    - device/settings/delays or device/settings/troubleshoot/... for the delays (I set it to 100/300/150 in the fields)
    - devices/troubleshoot/responds to some commands... for the number of repeat (set to 2 by default, I set it up on 1, may be I should have put 0 )

See if this can help you:
    Harmony 676 - Invalid Protocol on Update - Remote - Programming - Logitech Forums

Bye
    Maurizio

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom