MiniDisplay: iMON driver code cleanup, please test ! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waskol

Portal Pro
October 16, 2008
Home Country
France France
Apologies aren't needed, it looks like i read your reply the wrong way and that's my fault :sorry:
Lets shake hands and try to get this topic on track again...
I will shake your hand happily !!! ;)
I wrote earlyer about increased mem and resource usage and have done some more testing.
I can not find a 100% proof, but since i start using this minidisplay patch my system isn't that stable like it was before.
Many times it just "hangs" in several area's like tvguide or switching channels. And yesterday for the first time ever i saw a long list of VB errors scrolling over the screen. But before i could hit screenprint my wife tought it was a good idea to hit the reset button ;-(
Since my problems are kinda random it's hard to test if the patch is to blame. So the only thing to do is keep it running for 2 weeks and then remove the patch and run for another 2 weeks... That's what i'm gonna do and will report back on my findings.
For my wife, the "reset" button is also a magical solution : straight and simple :D
Maybe it's woth mentioning that i'm a Senior ict system operator and i have my own business in the ICT. I can code in Arex (early day's on amiga.. yeah!), Kix, VB (script), PHP, and MySQL.
Maybe this little info might help communicating and understanding each others knowledge.
and.. i'm from The Netherlands, so please excuse me for my bad English that sometimes is even worse then a wife that likes reset buttons...
Wow !!! Amiga ??? I have an Amiga 2000 still running at home ! :)
My kids love it !
It was left for dead where I am working with its genlock : I took care of the baby (upgrade of the Kickstart, upgrade from AmigaOS 1.0 to AmigaOS 3.5, I've installed a Buddha Phonix extension Card, a DVD Writer, and a 80 Gb Hard disk). What a wonderfull machine !!! :)
[OFF TOPIC ON]
Did you see the Black Lotus demo that won at the Assembly 06 contest, competiting with PC demos ? Simply amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3O-FtyzfQ
[OFF TOPIC OFF]
Amiga still rules !!!

And do not worry for your english, which is really good, I am also writing english like a french frog ! :D

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Got my old Amiga 500 down the hall setup like a shrine playing 64k demo scene stuff.. It even survived a house fire, and works just fine.... Bit sotty but cleaned up nicely.. Quite frankly I can thank that amazing machine for my whole career, got me in to the music with good old protracker and 3d animation with imagine... Pretty much a multimedia techie these days and quite frankly I have that wonderful machine to thank.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Updated first post with latest code from the current trunk. Backported all changes from 1.1.0Alpha.

Simone

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I get an Error with the new Version on configuration and have no display (with IRSS). Also I can't change settings, especially "Port" it's always set to "LPT1".

So I don't have any Display :(

With Ver 4.2 I had display but IRSS wasn't working after leaving MP.

What's wrong? :confused:

Attachments

• error MiniDisp config.txt
      30.7 KB

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updated first post with latest code from the current trunk. Backported all changes from 1.1.0Alpha.

Simone

I don't quite understand if this Version is for the Alpha Version or the recent 1.0.2 Version. Or both.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    chemelli
    since MP 1.1.0 ALPHA my Imon Display works - even without IRSS and with native Imon Manager!!

THANKS!

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh no, for me the your new version doesn't work neither. I get the postetd error msg during configuraion.

Maybe yould upload the old version again, because of course I didn't do a backup;)

Attachments

• error.txt
      30.6 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Updated again first post with a new zip.

I forgot that new version need also an updated ProcessPlugins.dll :sorry:

Simone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom