MiniDisplay: iMON driver code cleanup, please test ! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Did you take a look at IRSS ? We are improving iMON remote support and should be completly fixed soon ;)

Simone

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Did you take a look at IRSS ? We are improving iMON remote support and should be completly fixed soon ;)

Simone

I have EXACTLY the same issue with IRSS. I tried it 2 weeks ago.
    I all set back to what it was before.

I think it is a Soundgraph issue and I really doubt you will be able to fix it one day ;)

It even don't work as expected with only standard windows usb driver layer. When working with the HID API, it is not always working as it should...:D
    For instance, the simple GetModuleSymbolEx(HidLib, 'HidD_GetFeature', Result); makes the VFD deconnect the usb port ! :mad:

Sinerilly, chemilli, I don't know how you are doing to continue...
    For my part, I give up. My HTPC works as it for the moment and "voilà".
    I am also tired to see so few people trying to "dig in" and share their solutions (the solution database is worth only 10 entries...)
    It is also the same questions that are coming again and again : some people are just too lazy to search and read. And when it works, you never get any feedback, or so few

May be something will work withing 5 years or so, but for the moment I do not see why I should continue loose my time with that : I have another life, with a wife and kids to take care of.
    Anyway, I will give a last try to IRSS when it supposed to be fixed, but afterwards... I am out of the game.

I now really think that support of iMon products is a waste of time. I would be you, I would rather focus on Oribital stuff since they seem to have a little interest for Mediaportal.

What is crazy, is when see all those reviews on internet saying "woaw, Antec is great, fusion case is perfect !", and awards given to related iMon products.
    Man, they didn't test !!! and people follow those stupid pieces of advice like catters (Damned, I was the first cow !)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looking forward to telling you guys how the HID support goes... Kinda annoying I finally found a solution using "Keyboard Input Plugin" and guys come along and finally get HID support!! AARRGG :D

Nah really, good stuff...

Question, has the latest IRSS fixed the PowerDVD issue?

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,
    I'd like to give IRSS a try. Is there any documentation available how to set things up?
    - iMon Manager installation/configuration
    - IRSS configuration
    - MiniDisplay configuration?
    Or is it straight forward? Installation, and it schould work out of the box.
    Thanks for info.
    greets

The_Duke

May 17, 2009

Display and remote are operational, but iMon and MP are "fighting" over the control for lcd.
    The display is switching between mini display and iMon, and give garbage on display while sometimes for a second one of the two takes control over the lcd.

Tryed all different switches in mini display config, some results did not work at all, and best result what i get is what i describe as "fighting" over lcd control.

Which Frontview setting did you use in the Imon software?
    I tried all settings available. Some settings did not work at all and best result i get is when i set:

Imon: Automatic or Allways on (makes no difference).
    Imon: Auto setting all ticks OFF, so only time/date is displayed.
    Minidisplay:
    * OFF on exit
    * Ensure is running: ON
    * Force restart after driver start: ON
    * Force Reload: ON
    * Restart frontview on exit: ON
    * Leave frontview active: ON

When reload or restart are NOT enabled then sometimes i got no respone from remote when mediaportal had exit, restart... The reload and restart option made some improvement getting things to work after restarts (also from sleep restarts).

ps: I also made a suggestion about focussing on getting MCE remote to work in minidisplay instead of focus on running 2 apps together that's going on now. Is there anyone with a tought on that ? OR is my suggestion not possible at all?

Display and remote are operational, but iMon and MP are "fighting" over the control for lcd.
    That's behaves exactly like that when I set frontview on "Automatic".
    Already described in the solution database, nothing new !
    Hmmmm... Did i say i found something new?
    If your intention is to stop people who are trying to help, then you're doing a nice job.
    Thnx for your input... NOT !

Ontopic again...
    Yesterday my HTPC crashed. After debugging i saw that iMon was eating up much more memory then before i installed the patch from this forum. I can not 100% confirm if this patch is the coze, but i can not think of anything else on my system that could have changed the iMon resources i noticed.
    If i've got the time i will compare with; and without the mini patch so hopefully we know for sure...

To all that DO have the intention to help others and the MP app, i say Thnx!

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The_Duke you need to drop that attitude man.. I don't think Waskol was trying to be offensive in any way...So how about just chill it a little..

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    With the the Imon Pad everything worked well most of the time. Because this remote is crappy i wanted to use my mce remote. But of course the usual problem. Withe the patched minidisplay i can set it up but then comes the strugeling problem.

That's why i wanted to use the infrared server without Imon started.
    Unfortunately when the minidisplay plugin starts the Display turns off and also the MceRemote is out of function.

With IRSS i had also the problem that the "up button" and "left Button" are swapped. Kind of weired.

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    If your intention is to stop people who are trying to help, then you're doing a nice job.
    Peace and love :)
    Why would I do that ? Pretty stupid, isn't it ?
    If you had a glance to my profile, you would see I try to help the best I can and have demonstrated a certain engagement to solve several issues, finding workarounds and sharing them with people. Permit myself to loose sometimes a bit of motivation and sorry if I lost my faith in that "damned" piece of hardware. :sorry:
    I've just tried so many things and coded so many lines in order to sort all this out, digging in the deepest of system programming, your rants are just not fair.

Of course, I really have nothing to compare to the devotion of people like Chemelli or someother developpers : the job they provide on this project is simply amazing !

Take the link I post as a usefull reminder for all new people here that could be lost among all those threads.
    As soon as you have something working, please do not hesitate to share your discoveries, that can be very helpfull.

Please, again, do not take it as personnal. You participate ?Good !!! Fantastic !!! Thank you and welcome aboard !
    But you mus admit, that here, like on any other help forums, some people just come to ask their question, get their answer or find their solution, and never come back even for a simple "Thank you", for all people that make so many efforts to keep the work on. It is very frustrating, sometimes, to have the feeling to fight against windmills.
    I see you have just 2 posts, then do not stop here and continue on that way.
    Accept also my apologies if you thought I was going to far with you, since, again, it was not in my intention.

Thank you by advance for your comprehension... :D

To all that DO have the intention to help others and the MP app, i say Thnx!
    Then, thank you to you too.

The_Duke

May 17, 2009
    Peace and love :)
    Why would I do that ? Pretty stupid, isn't it ?
    Accept also my apologies if you thought I was going to far with you, since, again, it was not in my intention.
    Thank you by advance for your comprehension... :D
    Apologies aren't needed, it looks like i read your reply the wrong way and that's my fault :sorry:
    Lets shake hands and try to get this topic on track again...

I wrote earlyer about increased mem and resource usage and have done some more testing.
    I can not find a 100% proof, but since i start using this minidisplay patch my system isn't that stable like it was before.
    Many times it just "hangs" in several area's like tvguide or switching channels. And yesterday for the first time ever i saw a long list of VB errors scrolling over the screen. But before i could hit screenprint my wife tought it was a good idea to hit the reset button ;-(
    Since my problems are kinda random it's hard to test if the patch is to blame. So the only thing to do is keep it running for 2 weeks and then remove the patch and run for another 2 weeks... That's what i'm gonna do and will report back on my findings.

Maybe it's woth mentioning that i'm a Senior ict system operator and i have my own business in the ICT. I can code in Arex (early day's on amiga.. yeah!), Kix, VB (script), PHP, and MySQL.
    Maybe this little info might help communicating and understanding each others knowledge.
    and.. i'm from The Netherlands, so please excuse me for my bad English that sometimes is even worse then a wife that likes reset buttons...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom