mkv files without video (1 Viewer)

albarreto

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
hi folks,

mkv hd files are playing without video, only audio.
I have a HD bitstream intel motherboard with dts-hd support.
This happens only in MP. By windows, they play fine.
I use SAF 6.1.0 and CoreAVC for HD files.

Any idea?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello albarreto

Could you please provide logs so that we can see exactly what happens when you try to play a video.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
    Follow the instructions for reproducible problems. When it comes to the part about reproducing the problem, play a video for 30 seconds, then close MP and post the zip file.

mm

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Thanks for your replay. I use MP 1.2.3.

More strange informations:
    - I recovered a hd clone backup (norton ghost) from APRIL (before, I did a new clone), where all worked fine. Surprise: the problem remains. MKV *not* working :-/
    - So I recovered yesterday clone back and SURPRISE: MKV working!!!! :-/ Nothing was done

But I have problems yet. MKV with Dolby TrueHD doesn't work (no video, no audio) and DTS-HD is VERY SLOW

I attached 2 logs (one for trueHD [08_06] and other for DTS-HD [08_09])

TIA

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Codecs

Attachments

• codecs.JPG
      codecs.JPG
      71.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Have used MP1 for some years now....and without problems :) Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example? Also, your hardware acceleration settings might be off with the change of hardware?
    Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example...
    After a recent issue with my HTPC I had to swap out motherboard and CPU. both were replaced like for like and the PC works fine...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom