Mobile Call Monitor (2 Viewers)

derSpeedy

Portal Pro
April 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
i tryed the last version of the plugin. the problems are allready there and one more. when the phone rings it tokes bout 10-15 sec before incoming call message pops up. i will post the error.log later.

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Thanks for clearing that up. quite a few phones can supply the contact infomation some even through at commands the 2 main problems though is that they all use different metods and that my phone doesnt support the phonebook through at commands so i'd have no way of testing it. i think the best solution is to use the database created by the my contacts plugin which can sync with contacts from alsmost anywhere. just have to wait for a version for RC1 to be released that i can use.
if anyone has any other ideas of what to use for getting numbers please let me know.

derSpeedy:
ok thanks a lot. please post the mediaportal.log file too that one is where i put all the logging to see if the thread is still running. i just retested the latest version and it seems to be working fine. not too sure what is causing the delay? maybe try reboot and see if it still happens. thanks.

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    Thanks for clearing that up. quite a few phones can supply the contact infomation some even through at commands the 2 main problems though is that they all use different metods and that my phone doesnt support the phonebook through at commands so i'd have no way of testing it. i think the best solution is to use the database created by the my contacts plugin which can sync with contacts from alsmost anywhere. just have to wait for a version for RC1 to be released that i can use.
    if anyone has any other ideas of what to use for getting numbers please let me know.

derSpeedy:
    ok thanks a lot. please post the mediaportal.log file too that one is where i put all the logging to see if the thread is still running. i just retested the latest version and it seems to be working fine. not too sure what is causing the delay? maybe try reboot and see if it still happens. thanks.

Regarding getting numbers, you could use ZYB.com(see Open Access) it can sync with "any" mobile phone and you can export your address book from the website. It even supports syncing pictures and it's free.
    Not sure if this info is any help to you, I hope so ;)

balder88

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    I have it installed fully working! This plugin is great.
    This would make it perfect:
    SMS support, popup message "Message recieved from Charlie".
    Right now i have it to pause, problem is here is that it pauses everything that is on, including live tv. Not always appreciated when among friends. Selections for Tv, music, video would be great!

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    The new pause options is avalible in the new version. i'll add sms support once i've fixed the standby bug. if any one can replicate this bug and send me their mediaportal.log file that would be great. will also add a feature to send sms' from inside media portal.

derSpeedy

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm...ok i have to check out some things. i´ve tryed to replicate this bug on my notebook. but i can´t. on the notebook it works fine after standby. maybe its a problem between media-pc and my phone.

edit: ok. now it happend on my notebook too.

MrBungle67

Portal Member
    September 20, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all!

I love the concept of this plugin....but I can't have it to work!:(

I have a nokia 6126 and mediaportal 0.2.3.0.
    First question is: is this plugin works under this version of Mediaportal?

Back on the phone. I have my phone connected to my computer without any issue. In the properties I have 'Dial Up networking (DUN)' on COM3, I put COM 3 into the Mediaportal configuration but nothing happens when I receive a call...

I tried something I read in the different pages of the thread, went in hyperterminal, typed at+clip=1 and it returned me OK.

Also, I had to enter a passkey, if not windows bothers me every 10 seconds kind of 'you need a passkey'. Could that be my problem?
    Or do I need to connect anything else in the 'Network connections' window?

I would really appreciate your help, the functionality sounds really nice.

:D

Damien

Also, I don't really understand what the option 'search interval' is for...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom