[MOD] MovingPictures & TVSeries layouts (2 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi all, just wanted to keep you updated with some work currently going on.

I am working on an enhancement to the MOD to show DVD/Bluray rotating cover in MovingPictures fanart list view. I got the idea from Mr V's music MOD and thought it looks great for movies too. Am also working on a scraper to automatically download the required images....

Below are a few screenshots (obviously stills not animated ;) ) and hopefully I will have something as soon as I find the necessary time to dedicate to this work :p

Hope you like it and feedback is welcome.

Thanks

00-29-55.jpg00-30-10.jpg00-30-28.jpg

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    nice one, once you get an automated scraper working, you think you would be able to also make it download music art, cd art, logos ets?
    I believe MrV was going to attempt to mod diebaggers tv clearart downloader to do the job but he seems to have gone dark on it.

How come you not gone into make a full skin of your own? seem to do lots of big mods and bits and pieces everywhere. must nearly have a whole skin by now :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An automatic scraper would be great! Maybe you can also consider ClearART and ClearLOGO download with this scraper? (from fanart.tv)

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello, when I proceed to the installation the attached message goes out for me, the file "basichome.xml" is in the corresponding directory, what can happen?, some solution?
    Thank you

Attachments

• MOD STREAMEDMP.PNG
      MOD STREAMEDMP.PNG
      16.4 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      299 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hello, when I proceed to the installation the attached message goes out for me, the file "basichome.xml" is in the corresponding directory, what can happen?, some solution?
    Thank you

topospeleo, will have a look into it. Should be discrepancies in BasicHome.xml.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    All, have managed to complete the coding for the DVDArt scraper :D (although it need some final aesthetic touches, but functionality is all there). Am attaching a version here for you to try it out and provide feedback.

Just to explain a bit how this works:
    • the data driving the scraper is taken from MovingPictures, hence any corrections, (mainly missing IMDb IDs) need to be corrected in MovingPictures.
    • images are downloaded from Fanart.tv site. I recommend that you visit site and help out by uploading any DVD images you might have/come across so that we all enrich its content, resulting in scraper finding more images to download.
    • when you launch the application for the first time, it will create a new database called dvdart.db3 in the default database directory. This is used internally by the application. It will also create necessary folders to hold the images in thumbs\MovingPictures directory.
    • application consists of 3 tabs:
      1. Movies with DVDArt shows movies which scraper successfully downloaded an image.
      2. Importer shows movies whose DVDArt is currently being imported.
      3. Movies missing DVDArt shows movies which scraper could not find any images. (here is where your help is mainly required as mentioned above)
    with DVDArt.jpgimporter.jpgmissing.jpg
      • the import function for new movies executes automatically in the background, so you don't need to trigger it manually.
      • each tab has a number of functions which can be triggered by pressing the right mouse button. In Movies with DVDArt tab, pressing right mouse button gives the facility to Refresh DVDArt from Online. This option download all images available and allows you to change the existing image chosen. In Importer tab, pressing the right mouse button will Restart the Importer, hence if changes were done in MovingPictures, you don't need to restart application. In Movies missing DVDArt tab, the right mouse button presents 2 options. The first one sends the currently selected movie to the importer, which the second sends all the movies missing DVDArt to the importer.
    For MovingPictures to display the downloaded images, attached find a MOD'ed movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml. The MOD is clearly marked by <!-- m3rcury : Rotating DVDArt -->. Am also including the piece of code here for your reference:
    Code:
    <!-- m3rcury : Rotating DVDArt -->
        <control>
          <description>Rotating Movie disc</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>65</posX>
          <posY>300</posY>
          <width>386</width>
          <height>350</height>
          <texture>..\..\..\thumbs\MovingPictures\DVDArt\FullSize\#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id.png</texture>
          <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
          <visible>facadeview.list+control.isvisible(50)+Control.HasThumb(90)</visible>
          <animation effect="rotate" delay="0" end="-360" centre="475,258" time="8000" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
        </control>
    <!-- m3rcury : Rotating DVDArt -->

My next step is to convert the application into a plugin o_O............... :D.

Hope you like the results.

Thanks (y)

Attachments

• movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml
      11 KB
    • DVDArt.rar
      687.9 KB
    Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great job m3rcurry!! You are really doing a great job for all of us! :) I will test it asap, and I like to implent this feature for Avallonis.. But offcourse; the credits are all for you! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom