Monochrome (for those who like dark skins), updated... (1 Viewer)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Mediaportal 1.0.0.0 (SVN-01-23-2009--22-00 or later)

THANK YOU for listening to our bitching and including the original MPTV Series skins, they're SO much easier to use than the "new" design :) once again, thank you for your great work - this skin is by far the superior skin for MP :)

EDIT: If there's no fanart for a series background, the background is just plain black in both show and season view, is it possible to use the default monochrome background for these - and how?

/Christian

lobes

Portal Member
February 24, 2009
great skin. works great. what plugins are running in the top left and top right of your screenshot?

edit: I was finally able to get MPTV Series working and its downloading the baners to G:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\

but there not showing. could this be because my local disk drive G:? any ideas? thanks

edit: after hours of working on it i finally got it. again, great skin. but i still want to know what plugin is being used in the top left of your screenshot on post 1. It looks like a moving pictures for music?

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Love the new version!
On thing I dont like:

In Moving Pictures List View is now see a box "All movies"..
How do I remove this?

Moving Pictures 6.5, MP 1.0 + latest SVN and latest Monochrome version.

BennTech

Portal Member
February 8, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Undefined variables in Original Filmstrip & WideBanners

:D First off, let me give a huge thanks for bringing back the original TVSeries layout with 2.6. Now the bad news.

Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet, but the season/episode lists for TVSeries' Original layout is screwed up.

Luckily, I have found the problem: the variables SeriesIcons, SeriesEpCount, SeasonIcons, and SeasonEpCount are not defined in the Original TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml for Filmstrip and WideBanners. Consequently, these variable names are appearing in the list instead of the intended formatted output. It's especially bad for the icon variables, as these also aren't positioned correctly and thus overwrite the first part of the label.

I tried fixing them by grabbing Default's nice watched/unwatched layout, but I can't figure out how to reposition list items so I can't get the icons (i.e., the watched/unwatched counts) positioned correctly. I also can't figure out how the cool watched/unwatched eye icons are referenced & positioned; the icon filenames (tvseries_Watched.png, et al.) aren't used anywhere except partially in Default's TVSeries.xml as "<define>#tvseries_Watched:-</define>", which in turn doesn't seem to be referenced anywhere else.

These XML layout files are sweet, but they're so damn confusing. If someone can point me in the right direction to position list items, which I assume is somewhere in TVSeries.xml, I'll tweak and post the corrected files. The best I've been able to do right now is to hide the icons and setup item3 as "<Unwatched> of <EpisodeCount>" at the far right. I can post those if someone wants them, but I'd prefer to wait and post the complete fix rather than a bunch of partial fixes.

RealDanyo

Portal Member
June 9, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ BennTech

I´ve got the same problem and wanted to ask how to fix it. (In the season view of each series)

Attachments

• tvseries.JPG
    tvseries.JPG
    108 KB

kfarrell79

March 10, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Image Background?

First of all, thanks for the great skin!

I'd love to make some custom "hover" button images, for plugins and what not, but lack the skills necessary to match the background you've used for all the default icons. Is there any chance you could include a "blank" hover image with the skin? It would be great to have a good-looking starting point.

In any case, your work on this skin is very appreciated!

Mickzilla

Portal Member
August 14, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
My Tv Series plugin didn't work that well with this skin, when i got the the screen were you choose wich season you would like to watch is was FUBAR. I could not find some strings called "EpisodeCount" or something like that, i cant post a screenshot because i have deleted the skin now. - Give me a message when this is fixed!

/Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom