[Help Us!] more of OS properties to log (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    have you ever tried that
    Yes, all the time, and it works up to 10 windows (Free Pascal, Delphi). :D

PS: AutoScript:
    Code:
    Local $sVar = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install", "LastSuccessTime")
    MsgBox(0,0, "last updated:" & $sVar)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    w10 doesn't have this registry entry
    So it's a wrapper over function. Since it works. In MePoTools have a code to receive information about the version of windows. Tested at 10, everything is fine.
    PS: I'm talking about the branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    i don't know what f5 company does - show me any entry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64 on MSDN.

moreover, what do you want to achieve with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64 for us? Is there any function in MP that doesn't work on x64 OSes?

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    show me any entry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64 on MSDN.
    On MSDN - RegOpenKeyEx with atribute KEY_WOW64_64KEY - But it's clean WinAPI
    Implementation of access to the registry branch in different languages of all the languages used wrappers over WinAPI, and therefore different designs. In fact, in the registry database, these branches can be. When a 64 bit program accesses the registry in a 64 bit system, she immediately give the desired branch. But if the 32 bit program wants access to a 64-bit branch, she, it is necessary to tell the system about it. And in each language for that its mechanisms.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    yes, MP uses this KEY_WOW64_64KEY since ages (since x64 windows appeared on the market). That is why i don't understand what do you want to do with your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64 as everything works properly on MP side.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    yes, MP uses this KEY_WOW64_64KEY since ages (since x64 windows appeared on the market). That is why i don't understand what do you want to do with your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64 as everything works properly on MP side.
    I do not know about it. :coffee: When problem occurred, I suggested that maybe it will help. :whistle: Moreover, the utility and the MP are different things. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom