[Help Us!] more of OS properties to log (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Result with the version from here:
    Code:
    Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3) x32 [5.1.2600.196608]
    Cannot detect Windows Updates
    Main: Last install from WindowsUpdate is dated NEVER !!!
    WMP (Registry): not installed
    WMP (wmp.dll): PVersion [11.0.5721.5280]
    WMP (wmp.dll): FVersion [11.0.5721.5280]
    Press any key to continue . . .

Small error here on XP:
    can you check the registry value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install\LastSuccessTime" for your OS?
    Sure. :)
    I have "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update", but I don't have Results below that. I wonder if that is because I usually disable auto-updates (updates handled manually)?
    The only date I can see under WindowsUpdate that might represent the last time I did an update [through update.microsoft.com, as I always do] is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\LastRestorePointSetTime".

AFAIR MP has always logged that my last update time is "NEVER !!!". It's not true of course... :D

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @mm1352000
    i think LastRestorePointSetTime is self-explanatory and not that what we are seeking for. I will investigate (not so long though because XP is marked as deprecated by MP)

Can you in the meantime check the presence and content of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\WindowsFeatures\WindowsMediaVersion\Version Key?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i think LastRestorePointSetTime is self-explanatory and not that what we are seeking for. I will investigate (not so long though because XP is marked as deprecated by MP)
    Yep, understood, accepted and agreed. Just trying to be helpful. :)

Can you in the meantime check the presence and content of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\WindowsFeatures\WindowsMediaVersion\Version Key?
    I have "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\WindowsFeatures", but I don't have "WindowsMediaVersion" below that. The only sub-key within that "folder"/key is "Windows Media Player", and the value of that key is 1 (DWORD).

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    @mm1352000 as i don't have XP to test - can you test attached app for WUpdates? it won't go online and should check only installed updates. The way it checks works in W7 and W10 (tested in my host OS W7 and in VM with W10)

Attachments

• TestWinUpdate.zip
      3.5 KB

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    upload_2015-12-16_1-32-41.png upload_2015-12-16_1-33-30.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    can you test attached app for WUpdates?
    Output is:
    Code:
    Found 233 updates. Last installed: 15/11/2014 10:34:18 a.m. - Security Update fo
    r Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2956109)

[edit: ...and the date above is exactly the date in the LastRestorePointSetTime sub-key that I previously mentioned.]
    [edit 2: ...and for now it seems LastRestorePointSetTime is the only sub-key in the entire registry which contains that date. I'll keep looking though.]

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is the detected last WinUpdate date correct?
    Yes, as far as I remember. I haven't updated for a long time because there are no real updates anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom