Mouse Cursor is always present (2 Viewers)

ryan1

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So far no joy I guess and I am out of options. There is one thing that I recall was added to MePo; Generic HID remote option.
Could that have anything to do with triggering the mouse cursor maybe?

Are the dev's by any chance aware of this issue and willing to lend a hand in this?
I downgraded to 1.10 and I'm just going to wait it out on that version til this issue actually gets acknowledged and fixed. There wasn't anything added in 1.11 that was important to me. Mouse cursor on top of video is a showstopping bug for me, so I'm sticking with 1.10

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So far no joy I guess and I am out of options. There is one thing that I recall was added to MePo; Generic HID remote option.
    Could that have anything to do with triggering the mouse cursor maybe?

Are the dev's by any chance aware of this issue and willing to lend a hand in this?
    I downgraded to 1.10 and I'm just going to wait it out on that version til this issue actually gets acknowledged and fixed. There wasn't anything added in 1.11 that was important to me. Mouse cursor on top of video is a showstopping bug for me, so I'm sticking with 1.10

Could you try some more log ?
    Or i think in final, need a mouse connected :)
    I have see that TVS has some code related to mouse ou i think when mouse is over an item etc. and it seems to be present recently in code.
    Maybe it can be related to Generic stuff but no clue :(

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've been experimenting myself with a lot of settings to no avail.
    My drivers are always up-to-date and I do not see any conflicts in the windows event log.

The problem may seem trivial but from my experience it is really annoying.

I'm thinking of downgrading to MP 1.10 as well.

For the record - my setup: Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 x64, MP 1.11 with StreamedMP (incl. MP-TVSeries). System, drivers, and applications up-to-date (weekly update).

I'm pretty sure the problem has been introduced in MP 1.11 in a module that is being used by MP-TVSeries. If you manually remove this plug-in - the mouse behaves as before.

As you state @Sebastiii, there is a high probability that it has been introduced in the generic code. Perhaps a diff can be done between the two code branches? (1.10 and 1.11)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Maybe you could try 1.10 with newest TVS. I have try to compare 1.10 and 1.11 against mouse change and i didn't see a change. There is a change on HID device so maybe it's related @Stéphane Lenclud and TVS use also something for mouse change to detect when mouse is over some item so it can be that too.

For sure i can't reproduce it so not possible to debug that and also hard to debug without a mouse connected to computer but like i can't reproduce.

ryan1

Portal Member
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe you could try 1.10 with newest TVS.
    I've downgraded to 1.10 with the newest TV Series installed and have no issues whatsoever.

Make sure you also don't have a keyboard connected when you try to re-create the issue. No keyboard, no mouse.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is the build to test :
    Latest MASTER (with some HID rework etc.)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...lSetup_1.11.100_2015-05-10-17-16-FORK-SEB.exe

and another one with HID reverted :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...etup_1.11.100_2015-05-10-17-20-HID-REVERT.exe

You can use the installer but if the upgrade didn't go, you can use extracted separed installer from %temp% folder.
    For example :
    1- Start first installer and close it
    2- go to your temp folder into deploy mepo folder : %Temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy
    3- Install package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe (if you use TV).
    4- Test MP etc.

Do step 1 to 4 with the second installer (i prefer to cleanup temp folder to avoid mixed files)

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom