Mouse Cursor is always present (2 Viewers)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Confirm. After 1.11 upgrade (skin Titan), mouse cursor is always present on screen. Mouse cursor disappearing after moving mouse.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428840125][/DOUBLEPOST]I too have this problem since upgrading mediaportal to 1.11
    I have a logitech wireless keyboard with built in mouse.I enclose logs, hope they are of some help
    So mouse always on screen (directly) ?
    It can be a focus issue too.
    Could you try to do alt+tab to select another app and back to select MP to have focus.
    Could you try to disable TVSeries ? (i think i have read that it can be related even if i don't know why)
    Thanks.
    @Sebastiii
    I can confirm mouse is always on screen
    Tried the alt+tab to select another app then back to mp, mouse cursor still present
    If I disable Tvseries, the cursor goes away

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Wow I thought I was the only one with this problem.
    Not sure if it is related to MP 1.11 because the issue started after the very last update of StreamedMP [StreamedMP-3.1.0.3494].
    The mouse pointer will only disapear if it was connected/found at start.
    And as you can guess, I use my HTPC without a mouse. (don't need it, don't want it)

Setup: Windows 7 x64, MP 1.11.0, StreamedMP v3.1.0.3494.

I can verify that it only happens when there is no mouse connected to the system. If I put batteries in my mouse and the HTPC is rebooted it behaves as before: the mouse pointer disapears.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mouse cursor rework is old so something in SMP and/or TVS trigger this (it seems) but no clue why lol
    Does it work now if you disable TVS (older version) ?
    @ltfearme any idea ? :)

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    <edited>

As I said, the problem only started for me after installing StreamedMP [StreamedMP-3.1.0.3494] on top of MP 1.11. This is a must as the previous version of StreamedMP was not compatible anymore with 1.11 (editor crashed).

One of the packages of StreamedMP is MP-TVSeries.

I did the update as suggested by @volumia and the issue seemed to be gone.The mouse disappeared again even when the mouse is not connected.

HOWEVER ... the problem appeared again later on.

I was accessing the HTPC via VNC and this probably affected the behavior of MP.

When I did a cold restart later on, the problem - having a persistent cursor on top of MP - was again there.

Perhaps this can help you pinpoint the problem:
    • When I reboot the HTPC with an unconnected mouse (batteries out)
    • And when MP (1.11) is started up with StreamedMP [3.1.0.3494] as skin
    • The mouse pointer/cursor is shown and remains in the middle of the screen during MP browsing and playback of video's
    • BUT
    • If I put the batteries in the mouse and as such activate the mouse, and the HTPC recognizes the mouse (takes 1 sec)
    • Then after 2-3 seconds the mouse pointer/cursor disappears from the MP screen
    • So just activating the mouse is sufficient to get the right behavior - you do not even have to move the mouse
    • Afterwards you can deactivate the mouse again (take the batteries out) and during that MP session the mouse cursor will remain invisible

I tried several ways to get the mouse pointer invisible again: Alt-TAB or 'always on top' the MP configuration. They do not work.
    nb. I've been using MP since 2006 - first time I encountered this problem

So in short:
    • The problem with the persistent mouse pointer started after a mandatory major upgrade of StreamedMP [3.1.0.3494] on top of MP 1.11
    • The only way I found to get the previous MP behavior is activating the mouse at a given time before or after MP is started

Last edited:

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry to say that the cursor shows up again on one of the mediacenters (Intel NUC) that I thought I'd fixed initially.
    Even tried to move the installation from a working version, but no joy.
    I did notice, that on the faulty one it takes well over 30 seconds to load the keymap.xml.

After the failed test, I reverted back to the original installation and kept the logs after first run. For some reason I don't seem to be able to upload them here, so if I put them here: http://www.haleysystems.nl/var/log.zip.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    I too updated to the latest tvseries plugin, it seemed to have worked, the mouse pointer had gone, however it is back again.I am not sure if it is a skin issue, as I am running the xtreme skin.The mouse issue is only fixed when mptvseries is removed:confused:

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The mouse issue is only fixed when mptvseries is removed:confused:

No it is no skin issue. I just mentioned StreamedMP because it includes MP-TVSeries.

I'm pretty sure that the issue has been introduced via MP-TVSeries. If I remove StreamedMP - and as such MP-TVSeries - the mouse issue is fixed.

After some more testing the only way now to assure that your mouse cursor disappears - when using MP-TVSeries - is:
    - to have a mouse connected; (can be connected after MediaPortal has started!)
    - to at least have moved the mouse 1 pixel;

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll try hooking up a mouse tomorrow when I get home from work.
    Already know that a Logitech keyboard with built-in touch pad doesn't work...

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    The mouse issue is only fixed when mptvseries is removed:confused:

No it is no skin issue. I just mentioned StreamedMP because it includes MP-TVSeries.

I'm pretty sure that the issue has been introduced via MP-TVSeries. If I remove StreamedMP - and as such MP-TVSeries - the mouse issue is fixed.

After some more testing the only way now to assure that your mouse cursor disappears - when using MP-TVSeries - is:
    - to have a mouse connected; (can be connected after MediaPortal has started!)
    - to at least have moved the mouse 1 pixel;
    I agree, connecting a mouse does solve the problem, however the mouse cursor problem only appeared for me when upgrading to media portal 1.11 There must be something there causing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom