Movie Categories? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would like it too. What is the plan now? Categories by filesystem folder or will the (main)categories be stored in database?

I have read this:

So if I would specify this in the config util:
D:\Movies [alias: HD Movies]
E:\Movies [alias: SD Movies]
I would see this in the UI (if filtered by folder):
- HD Movies (shows all movies in D:\Movies and its sub directories)
- SD Movies (shows all movies in E:\Movies and its sub directories)

I would like categories in database so we can assign all movies to these categories independently from the file location, it's better
The filtering (category) system will allow you to group your movies by virtually any field in the database. Grouping by path to create a "Shares" view is just one possible configuration, and the reason it is taking so long to do filtering is because we want to create a flexible system that will work for almost anyone. So don't fret. :p

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    The filtering (category) system will allow you to group your movies by virtually any field in the database. Grouping by path to create a "Shares" view is just one possible configuration, and the reason it is taking so long to do filtering is because we want to create a flexible system that will work for almost anyone. So don't fret. :p

Thanks for keeping us updated fforde, I cannot wait for this feature as once we have it implemented it will allow me to only use Moving Pictures for my videos ! :)

tlastrange

January 20, 2007
    This is really an excellent plugin!

I've been using Meedio for 3+ years and decided I should move to something a little more current and supported. Within a few hours, I had MP up and running with the Moving Pictures plugin working like a champ.

Filtering will be a great addition. In Meedio, I tagged movies as "Kids" and then wrote SQL queries to the Meedio database to build top level lists that included only the "Kids" or all.

Very nice job! Much easier to use than the 50 (or so) hoops I had to jump through to add movies to Meedio.

I'll be very happy to be a beta tester for your filtering code if you're looking for bodies.

Pleite76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds really good. :D for info :)

Fade

Portal Member
    August 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    a manual way to tag movies in categories would be nice to include, maybe make it possible for users to create their own categories. But I guess you already thought of that just had to bring it up if you hasn't :)

Nice to hear categories on it's way!

Many Thanks for a great plugin!!!!!

hunterr

Portal Member
    March 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is still the main reason i am still using 'my videos' next tot moving pictures. I want to have diffrent categories like DIVX DVD and HIDEF

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What is the status of being able to make categories? This would be the one extention that would shift me from My Movies to Moving Pictures forever ;)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    awesome, together with movie information, subtitle information it will be the plugin to die for ;)

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i had informally requested a similar (maybe the same) feature.

I'd like to be able to have a custom page with a custom set of file links on it and custom backdrop.

For example:
    if I have rips of all the Harry Potter movies, i'd like a single page that has a custom backdrop and links on it to the individual movies.

Users who are viewing this thread