Movie Categories? (1 Viewer)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Hey,

AWESOME Plug-in!

I saw some other postings regarding keeping the "kids" videos separate from the "others." Is this currently possible with Moving Pictures? Currently, all my movies are showing up in together......

thanks!

lar1r

Portal Member
August 25, 2007
Yeah - thought this was a silly idea until I started backing up my kids films - now its impossible to go through the larger lists.

Having the option to import different folders/data sources into different "libraries" would be a very good feature to seperate content.

Looks like a version 0.7 feature which is close...

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
M,

Thanks. I had previously looked through the list, but did not see that particular issue. And I still don't, but perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology. Which # is it?

thanks!

mojo_lo

Portal Member
September 1, 2007
Yeah - thought this was a silly idea until I started backing up my kids films - now its impossible to go through the larger lists.

Having the option to import different folders/data sources into different "libraries" would be a very good feature to seperate content.

Looks like a version 0.7 feature which is close...

I really hopes this makes it into v0.6 as it really is a necessary feature.

In the Issue 38 google code thread, somebody also brought up a search system. this would also be highly desirable, but not as important as good filtering.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ya i agree... This option is deffently the MOST IMPORTANT function for this plugin to be usefull... And it should really be moved to the 1 Priority (In front of all the other updates on the list) If you have over 150+ Movies in your list... It's getting very annoying to use the plugin! > Imposible to keep track of your movies! Many of the other updates of the list is "Usefull" updates, which could be nice to have... But it's only small errors and smal fixes.
The Category update is a major missing function!!

The category list should be as the following:

Adventure
Action
Horror
Thriller
Comedy
Animation
Sci-Fi
Romance
And further more "Newest added movies"
Etc... Etc...Etc...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This wont be in 0.6 guys, sorry, but it is definitely coming soon. It is next up on the list of major features to add. It will be in 0.7, but it will just take time. 0.6 will hopefully be out within a week or so. After that we will work on any bugs that show up based on the 0.6 changes, so we will have a stable 0.6.1. Then we will start working towards 0.7. I would not expect a 0.7 release before Christmas though.

Pleite76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like it too. What is the plan now? Categories by filesystem folder or will the (main)categories be stored in database?

I have read this:

So if I would specify this in the config util:
    D:\Movies [alias: HD Movies]
    E:\Movies [alias: SD Movies]
    I would see this in the UI (if filtered by folder):
    - HD Movies (shows all movies in D:\Movies and its sub directories)
    - SD Movies (shows all movies in E:\Movies and its sub directories)

I would like categories in database so we can assign all movies to these categories independently from the file location, it's better

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Categories would be independant of the filesystem.. the design is not set in stone yet but of this i'm certain.

Users who are viewing this thread