Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great to hear another release is coming, and by the way THANKS for this great plugin!

I also have a small suggestion for scraping. I have a large collection of educational documentaries that I use to teach with. Being a geek of my own sort (less tech, more social science), I also like to watch these sometimes at home. I have manually entered data and made my own coverart for MovingPictures, but if it could scrape that info from the web, would be even better.

The main site I use to get info on documentaries that aren't available on IMDB etc is Documentary Educational Resources (Documentary Educational Resources). It's like IMDB for academic films.

I realize I am in a *very* small niche with this, but if you are ever looking for something to do, maybe you could add this into the list of sites to scrape. Otherwise it's really not too hard for me to do this manually.

Thanks again for the great plugin!

This would be very possible. Keep an eye open for the Scraper Writing guide that will be released around the time of 0.7. I think you are right, this data source might be a little too niche for one of the core devs to implement it (although maybe someone will get inspired :p ) but you could still throw together a script yourself.

chrut

Portal Pro
March 2, 2008
Just wanted to step in and show my gratitued for this great plugin! So far, I'm enjoying every aspect of it... and I'm really looking forward to when the medialogos are introduced in Moving Pic. like in TVSeries (v. 1.1.0 if I remeber it correctly).

Anyway, good job fforde.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    This would be very possible. Keep an eye open for the Scraper Writing guide that will be released around the time of 0.7. I think you are right, this data source might be a little too niche for one of the core devs to implement it (although maybe someone will get inspired :p ) but you could still throw together a script yourself.

Yep, thanks for the response. I'll keep my open and maybe tinker with a script some day.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Yep, thanks for the response. I'll keep my open and maybe tinker with a script some day.

You should definitely give it a try. The scraper scripts seem a little intimidating at first glance but they are really not very complex and the scraper engine is very flexible.

Davio

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm greatly anticipating the new release. :)

Thanks a lot for all the effort you have put and will put into it, it really is a great plug-in.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Today is This Day ?? Hope guys from streamedMP will integrate new 0.7 version soon ;)

They have already integrated the backdrop fading logic, so if you have a recent version of StreamedMP it will work out of the box. That is the most important skin change. I am sure they will incorporate some of the more minor skin changes before long though.

zyxel13

Portal Member
    January 23, 2009
    Austria
    Hello,

I am in the proccess of switching from XBMC to MediaPortal.
    Both systems have advantages and disadvantages......

The Moving Pictures Plugin is far supperior than the Movies Plugin In Mediaportal, but has the following problems compared to the according plugin in XBMC (XBMC Media Center)

1) The XBMC Scrapers are the best i tested till now, almost no miss a all and the IMDB Scrapper finds everything.
    I will try to attach the XMBC IMDB Scrapper.

2) Moving Pictures cannot play ISO files wout this files have been mounted....
    Media Portal can already (in never Versions) play .iso, .img, etc. files as long as the are listed in the extensions list
    directly from a share.
    Is that posible to be included to Moving Pictures too ?

Cheers,
    Konstantin

Attachments

• imdb.xml
      30.6 KB

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    Moving Pictures will play ISO files if you setup Daemon Tools within Media Portal. I have it setup this way. The only thing that bothers me about it is that when I choose an ISO, it tells me a disk has just been inserted and asks if I want to play it, but this is a Media Portal setting that I choose to leave turned on since I like the option when I play normal DVDs.

zyxel13

Portal Member
    January 23, 2009
    Austria
    Hi BuddMan

yes, i know, that is what i mean with "Moving Pictures cannot play ISO files wout this files have been mounted....
    XBMC doesnt need any Deamon Tools and Mediaportal itself can play the above mentioned files directly from a share, wout having to mount them with Deamon tools.

When I have to play dvd image file, i dont use the Moving Pictures pluging, i use instead the the embeeded MediPortal "Movies" pluggin and play the Images files directly from a share wout the use of any mounting tools.

Cheers,
    Konstantin

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom