Moving Pictures 1.4: Movie Manager Filtering (1 Viewer)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Please add a new filter: "bandwidth (kb/s)"

Given a remote client, this is the only way to filter your movie list to only reflect movies, that can be accessed remotely.

Bandwidth per Movie = (MovieSize in KB) / (Duration in sec). Easy, right? :)

Example:
"All Movies with a bandwidth <= 500KB/s"

Setup this filter on your remote client. Voila.

http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=1104

Last edited:

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with StreamedMP:
    When I stop a playback with moving pictures, the skin changes always to "List" (but I used "Filmstrip" or "Coverflow before").

What can I do?
    Need log?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    See:
    MovPicsConfig-GUISettings.PNG

Else try this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/movingpictures-behält-ansicht-nicht.107878/#post-867686 :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, i have one problem with some movies.

The first problem are 3 movies they are local on .iso. In the video section in the MP Config i add .iso to the extention section, but movingpictures don't find them or search for them in the importer window.

The other problem is that i move some movies to another hdd, many off the movies were added to the db again, but some movies i have moved over do not want to import. I don't know why...

And some movies are new on the hdd but he do not want to import them to.

I restart the importer, MP Config, the HTPC but the movies are not added in moving pictures... The importer window is empty...

I have added my log files, maybe you can see something...

Last edited:

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    And I think ther should be no config except gui :oops:
    Moving Pictures has a separate config to conform with MediaPortal's design philosophy. This is how all MediaPortal core features and plugins work so this is how Moving Pictures works. One of the next big enhancements I'd like to tackle sooner or later is importer management in the GUI. But this takes time. ;)

But inside config without the search option it is very difficult to locate a file that is grouped wrong.
    I will look at this for the next version, it shouldn't be too hard to add.

When you say "next version" do you mean next beta?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The first problem are 3 movies they are local on .iso. In the video section in the MP Config i add .iso to the extention section, but movingpictures don't find them or search for them in the importer window.

Adding the ISO extension is not how you do it, this is because ISO is like a ZIP file, it is a container for other files. What you need to do is setup the auto-mount system in MediaPortal, so it links the ISO to a virtual CD/DVD/BR optical drive, and then MovPic/etc can import the AVI/VOB/etc from it. Instructions on how to do so are at wiki/etc and rely on using VirtualCD/DVD or Daemon Tools.

The other problem is that i move some movies to another hdd, many off the movies were added to the db again, but some movies i have moved over do not want to import. I don't know why...

It's all about speed then and proper filesystem locks. The 'moment' you start moving a file over, MovPic pics this up via Windows API alert and begins to import it. However at that time the 'old' location is still active/valid. So the 'new' movie gets added and you end up with two versions. Normally your filesystem locks the 'destination' file and only releases this lock once the 'source' file is moved 100%. MovPic detects this, knows destination is same as source (it uses a hash for this) and only updates the path reference inside database.

So if you move a file from D:\path1 to D:\path2 and both are active import paths for MovPic, then it will update the database path reference instantly and can do this while MovPic is running (be it config or GUI). But if you copy from \\path3 to E:\path4 and there is no proper lock being placed, you end up with 2 files, or no files as the delete could hide both. In that case the file gets marked as 'ignore'. To 'unignore' them, open MovPic config -> "Movie Importer" tab, look for the grey gear icon with little arrow next to it at the "Media Importer" section, and select "Unignore All Files".

If they still do not show up, they could possible have been grouped with another movie, depending on your settings at "Importer Settings", in which case currently you have to scroll through each movie in your "Movie Manager" list and pay close attention to the "File Info" details and see if more then 1 file is used. This is normally meant to handle movie.cd1.avi and movie.cd2.avi as a single movie, but it can happen that you got movie.foo.avi and movie.bar.avi linked to just movie "Foo" and not "Foo" and "Bar".

And some movies are new on the hdd but he do not want to import them to.

This could be same to above. Did not read your log file, because in most cases it is caused by the above mentioned reasons. If you happen to have a rare new case, then be sure to capture *ALL* the events in the log file. Log files are constantly recreated by default and if you do not capture the actual issue the log file is totally useless.

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi
    the moving pictures movie manager dose not find any movie infos, plugin version 1.4.
    it worked good for a year or but since some weeks now nothing.
    what 2 do?

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    check your import paths and try to use them in windows directly

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I don't know if this has been reported before, a quick search didn't bring up anything...
    I think I ran in a bug in the filtering.
    This is what I want as result of the filter:
    All movies which are eighter 720p or 1080p. In addition Audio should be 5.1
    So as long there is possibility to combine AND and OR operators I thought I would go with excluding all the grab qualities:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 003.png

To check the filter I went into the movie manager and looked for the first movie matching one of those rules above:

screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 001.png

Please let's not talk about excluding HD here and that the file is in resolution higher then 720p. It's all about the filters....

Hit on "View results of this filter" brings up all movies I think and the example is there, it should be excluded:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 004.png

So I checked these filters with just one rule in it:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 005.png screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 007.png screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 006.png

All work fine...

As soon as I combine two rules and use NONE it won't work:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-11-01_ 008.png

Am I doing/unterstanding something wrong or is this not working as it is supposed to be?

Luca

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom