Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (4 Viewers)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Do you take feature requests ? :D

I'd like to be able to output the video codec, to make a distinction between H264, DVD, divx, xvid etc...

With the new Moving Pictures 1.0 I finally merged my different drives and I started using categories for DVD, HD (H264) and SD (mostly the rest).

Surferosa

Portal Pro
September 2, 2009
Home Country
England England
Do you take feature requests ? :D

I'd like to be able to output the video codec, to make a distinction between H264, DVD, divx, xvid etc...

With the new Moving Pictures 1.0 I finally merged my different drives and I started using categories for DVD, HD (H264) and SD (mostly the rest).

+1.. in fact, it would be great if you could configure your own columns (happy to have a manual workaround for doing this if its easy enough for a programming noob to do). Path, file size, and a couple of other things would come in handy (as well as the codec)...

Very nice app though. :D

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hmm something is strange since I use the plugin with the new Moving Picture.
It don't show the table anymore, look like more then a XML databas.

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,
    Since LRFalk01 did not react for a while, I decided to add some features myself. In attachment my adapted plugin which can export some extra features (selectable in Customized MovieList XML):
    • Video Resolution
    • Video Codec
    • Audio Codec
    • Has Subtitles or not
    • Video Format

If you have your own XML parsing script, you can add support for the added features. If you generate the static html file, you can change the XSL markup file following your own needs.

I made another small change in the code. In this version the restricted movies (black listed) are not exported in the list. Maybe a checkbox to enable/disable this features will be better. I'll fix this tomorrow ;) Now it's time to sleep...

thx & credits @ the_ult for the stylish layout ;)

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

Thanks, Addow.
    I installed your version and it works, except for a few points:
    The Title isn't shown and the columns for codecs and resolution are empty.
    Could you explain to me how to change the xsl-markup-file?
    And do you have any idea why the title is missing?

Mediaportal 1.10 SVN 01/08/10 with Moving pictures 1.0 beta2

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

Thanks, Addow.
    I installed your version and it works, except for a few points:
    The Title isn't shown and the columns for codecs and resolution are empty.
    Could you explain to me how to change the xsl-markup-file?
    And do you have any idea why the title is missing?

Mediaportal 1.10 SVN 01/08/10 with Moving pictures 1.0 beta2

Hi BuzzD,
    I assume you used the xsl file included in the 1.0.6 zip and the result was 3 empty columns. This is because these 3 values (Title, Codec and Resolution) are not exported during the export process. You have to select these export values manual. You can do this by navigating to Mediaportal Configuration < Plugins < Process Plugins < Moving-PicturesXML. Config the plugin by Customizing the MovieList XML and select all values (including title, videocodec and videoresolution).

That should help probably. Let me know if you succeeded.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    Yay this is working great - thank you all for the info, and great thanks for the ones who made this. !!!

Only i was wondering, why would anyone need an interval of 5 minutes for updating. I changed it to 60 minutes...
    even that is a small interval. Maybe it would be nice, if it only updated when something changed. I dont really know
    if that would be possible.

Another thing, anyone who could tell me, if it is possible to have the file outpüt the relative path to the movies

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ah, thats what this button is for. Never bothered to tick the box before ;-)
    Thank you very much, it's working now.

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No problemo! It's great when things work ;) Yeah, the 5 minute export is not exactly needed and a little overkill, but changed it yourself, like you said, is pretty easy.
    If I can create myself some extra spare time, I can do some other modifications and maybe add some more requested features, but we may not forget LRFalk01 is the plugin leader. However, he did not access the MP forums since the end of 2009.

Maybe MovingPictures includes this feature in one of the following major releases. It's even better when it is integrated, since we do not want a gezillian plugins to be loaded in MP.

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Since everything is working now, I want more ;-)
    I'd like to add another column ("languages") what file do I have to modify? I will try to figure out how myself. But it would be great if you could give me a hint what file it is. The css has to be changed, I think but also one of the js-scripts, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom