Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (2 Viewers)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm getting a weird error with my own styles.xsl and the original, where the last movie in the export is repeated out of format. I've attached a screenshot and the html file created to show the source (renamed to .txt so I can upload here), is anybody else getting this problem?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-25 at 15.10.26.png
      Screen shot 2010-01-25 at 15.10.26.png
      282.2 KB
    • films.txt
      30.6 KB

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Feature request: add a way to disable automatic export ?

Huh? Disable the plugin in your configuration panel? Or what do you mean?

My collection does not change on a very regular basis, so I am perfectly happy with doing a manual update of my export. Right now the way I do it, is to have the plugin disabled. If I want to export, I enable and click manual export. Then I disable again.

And... you know what... actually that is perfect :) I was still thinking back to the times when I had to enable, wait for it to export, then disable.

Nice job anyway !

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Feature request: add a way to disable automatic export ?

Huh? Disable the plugin in your configuration panel? Or what do you mean?

My collection does not change on a very regular basis, so I am perfectly happy with doing a manual update of my export. Right now the way I do it, is to have the plugin disabled. If I want to export, I enable and click manual export. Then I disable again.

And... you know what... actually that is perfect :) I was still thinking back to the times when I had to enable, wait for it to export, then disable.

Nice job anyway !
    Aah okay, I get it. If you like, you can always set the update interval on 20.000 minutes (approx. 2 weeks) Maybe I can build it in a way you can check/select that the list is exported only when new movies were added. I'll see about that later.

@ mortstar:
    I have seen this before, but not regularly. Have you tried another update? On first sight I can't figure out why this is happening. Are you sure your xsl document is correct (you closed all tags) ?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aah okay, I get it. If you like, you can always set the update interval on 20.000 minutes (approx. 2 weeks) Maybe I can build it in a way you can check/select that the list is exported only when new movies were added. I'll see about that later.

Good hint ! But don't put too much into silly stuff. The enable/disable works quite well, and right now I set it at 20,000 like you suggested. Since I shut it down almost every night, that should be PLENTY :p

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Like i said ages before, i'm going to finish my work in the upcoming days as i have more time now.
    You can take a look at it here
    It's still very unfinished (esp. layout) but the basic suff like sorting, filtering ... works
    if you klick on the movie name you will see a cover and a description of the movie.
    look at it and you'll see...

Mayor drawback : i don't use internet explorer and since ie gives a shit about standards some of the stuff is pretty messed up in ie.
    works fine in firefox and should work in opera

when 0.8 is released i will also include logos

Greetings
    Joe

If you have any suggestions ... drop a line

Joe, I know that this post I'm quoting is very old, but that web page look awesome!!!

Did you finally finish your work as you say in your post? Any final results? Would you mind sharing with us your work (finished or not, it doesn't matter, maybe someone could continue with it)?

Congratulations for that good-looking page and keep up with the good job.

Regards,

Aitor

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    @ mortstar:
    I have seen this before, but not regularly. Have you tried another update? On first sight I can't figure out why this is happening. Are you sure your xsl document is correct (you closed all tags) ?

Yes I can confirm that I was getting the same problem with the original styles.xsl. Strangely the problem was not occuring at the same point in each export - one test with the original styles.xsl I had pretty much all exported data showing underneath the formatted table! Others, like in the screenshot, only the last part of the last imported movie shows.

I unticked a few of the extra fields from the xml export process which don't need to be exported (Alternate Titles, Image Paths etc. etc.) as I think they were creating an escape sequence with some of the foreign characters This seems to have fixed the problem.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ kiwijunglist:
    An installer will make the installation of the plugin easier, but the configuration remains the same, because we cannot automate the configuration process. The export folder is located elsewhere for each individual. Have you retried the export configuration. Is it that difficult? If so, we'll make a better tutorial and/or wiki on the project page (or in start topic)

Thanks, I'll give it another go sometime, and report back with any problems or suggestions. When I originally tried it I was trying to create a local .html copy, rather than uploading to a web server.

Can we change from "My Movies Collection to HTML" to "My Media Collection to HTML"

File size would be useful, however i'm not sure if that information is contained in the tv series / music database.

my-tv-series-list.gif

my-music-collection.gif

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    You guys are thinking far ahead of me, eheh, I only got one pair of hands ;) But I had quite the same idea, including the export of music/tv shows collection. But one step at the time. kiwijunglist, nice photoshop'in by the way :p I will look into this and try to integrate it in an all-in-one export plugin, but first things first... a little more customization during the export procedure. Great ideas though.

@ mortstar:
    I'll try to reproduce the bug (I believe I had it once before a while ago) and see what I can do, k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom