Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (1 Viewer)

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aloha guys,

A lot changed since last post. Apparently I joined the project, so I can submit my changes to the project page. Tonight I released a new version of the plugin with another bug fixed (some scores had like a 'gezillian' numbers after the comma when exported. I also designed our own logo/icon for the plugin, so it's a little more recognizable in your plugins overview. Next weeks, I'll try to add some more features and especially more (requested) customizations.

Updated project page: movingpicturesxml - Project Hosting on Google Code

Log of my latest changes (more will follow):
    Code:
    Version 1.0.7 (Released: 2010/01/24)
    	- Fixed score: currently rounded to one number after comma
    	- Default interval set to 60 minutes instead of 5
    	- New logo for plugin + icon added
    	- Embedded resources added

Version 1.0.6 (Released: 2010/01/10)
    	- More customization fields added: title, resolution, codecs (audio/video), has subtitles or not, etc.
    	- Restricted movies are not exported

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi
    Never looked at this before now. Looking good :)

1. Would it be possible to add an option to export cover thumbnails into an image subdirectory? I know it was discussed before that a manual copy is easy, but together with request 2 & 3 below, an automated process would be best.
    2. If you could then include additional layouts for the user to choose from, it would be great. Example, a thumb view grid.
    3. Another option that will be useful for me is to select/limit by category.

If you agree, I could create the requests on your google page?

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi
    Never looked at this before now. Looking good :)

1. Would it be possible to add an option to export cover thumbnails into an image subdirectory? I know it was discussed before that a manual copy is easy, but together with request 2 & 3 below, an automated process would be best.
    2. If you could then include additional layouts for the user to choose from, it would be great. Example, a thumb view grid.
    3. Another option that will be useful for me is to select/limit by category.

If you agree, I could create the requests on your google page?

Hi rekenaar,
    Your feature requests are perfectly in line with my thoughts. I was also planning to add these customizations and include a system for different export layouts. I will have a look at all these things in the following weeks and months. It's been a long time developing in C#, since i am developing in Java at work. Have to get familiar again with some C# techniques and syntax :p

So, if you want you can create feature requests on the project page. I'll write it down on try to accomplish it. I have also a few optimizations in my mind and of course the thumbnail extraction cannot be missing :) Thank you.

Regards,
    Addow

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aloha,

Last night and today I made some other small changes in the configuration window, so no new features yet (except for the manual export function) or bugs solved. I'll keep you posted!

Changelog for latest version (1.0.8):
    Code:
    Version 1.0.8 (Released: 2010/01/24)
    	- Configuration window reworked: minimum size, version in title bar, enlarged, modified some buttons, etc...
    	- Manual export and close button added, so MediaPortal doesn't need to be loaded
    	- FTP values will no longer be cleared when checking/unchecking FTP

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for picking up the baton with this.

For those who are not so sure how to edit the styles.xsl and create your own movie list, I've attached my styles.xsl which will output the list in the style of the attached screenshot. The IMDB ink has been moved to the title of the film making room for an extra column of information. (You'll need the .css file as well)

EDIT: 'Last Watched' is always blank on my export, I haven't changed this section, is there something I need to enable in the MovingPictures plugin?

EDIT 2: Bit of investigation, last watched data seems to be removed if the file is deleted. (I delete after watching).

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-24 at 18.10.39.png
      Screen shot 2010-01-24 at 18.10.39.png
      239.8 KB
    • MovieList Files.zip
      30.6 KB

CTHREEPO

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,
    Please can someone tell me how to configue this to work in MediaPortal?

I have read the Readme and have put the "Movingpicturesxml.dll" within the Plugins/Process folder but am not sure what to do from here.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What is probably needed is some sort of MPEI installer with a default stylesheets and a more simple frontend, last time i tried this i couldn't get it to work properly. (That was ages ago, so maybe things have changed)

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

CTHREEPO

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: AW: Re: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

No, but will read now.

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    EDIT 2: Bit of investigation, last watched data seems to be removed if the file is deleted. (I delete after watching).

Nice catch. I'll fix this (issue #6) in the next release.

@ all:
    Seems like there is a high need for a detailed tutorial. I'll see what I can do.

@ kiwijunglist:
    An installer will make the installation of the plugin easier, but the configuration remains the same, because we cannot automate the configuration process. The export folder is located elsewhere for each individual. Have you retried the export configuration. Is it that difficult? If so, we'll make a better tutorial and/or wiki on the project page (or in start topic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom