Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MP2 lists all Media items (excerpt Music and Pictures) in Videos up to now as Movies or Series are only a subtype of Video Item. I also don't like this but that's the status quo. It lists Series item also in Series, if you choose the "series" sub-type while adding the share. And it list Movie Items also in Movies if you choose the "movies" sub-type while adding a share. For me this is working as expected. Maybe because I only have MKV with proper Metatags so all files are identified 100% correct.
    But, if you don't choose Movies or Series it tries to guess if the video is a movie or a series episode and adds those to Movies or Series also. Best seen in "TV Recordings"... That's something I really don't like as I know what's on this share so if I decide it's not a movie nor a series MP2 should not add the items in this share to movies or series...

I've suggested earlier already to separate Movies, Series, MusicVideos, and maybe later Documentary, Anime,... as completely independent Media Items. Music Videos need extra MIA "Interpret", "Album", "Track" which isn't needed on any other Video Item. Series are needing "Season" and "Episode" Media Item Aspect, something also not needed on any other Video Item,... So the "Videos" Media Type should be used only for stuff with no (online-) Metadata available like Holiday or Family Videos, HowTo Videos for different kind of work, videos from sports events,...

How the handling of different Video types is 100% perfect you can see on XBMC. All build in you'll ever need. You add a share and choose which Scrapper to use. With this scrapper the type of Video Item is chosen also (e.G. TheTVDB => Series, IMDB => Movies,...),... If you need another type of Video Item (e.G. Music Video) add a share, chose "Last FM" Scrapper and instantly you have a new Entry in Home Menu called "Music Videos"...
    And the scrappers are scripts so they can be written by anyone with a little scripting skills.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is how my series part look like:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

16.669 Series episodes are listed in Series.
    So in General it's working...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How the handling of different Video types is 100% perfect you can see on XBMC.
    You know it's a funny thing.... Many people talk about what XBMC can do... yet there are users like myself who like what MP2 is becoming but just need some help in making it work the way it feels and shows it should

Those had failed to identify during import...
    Nope.... Imported with no errors at all and had choose to put them into Series...
    BTW: My Series screen looks like that also, for the ITEMS that went into Series

[2013-12-21 08:29:41,570] [49740265] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries'
    [2013-12-21 08:29:41,605] [49740300] [79 ] [DEBUG] - SQLiteDatabase: 3 connections in use
    [2013-12-21 08:29:41,840] [49740535] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries\The Bill Engvall Show\' (5 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-21 08:29:41,950] [49740645] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries\The Bill Engvall Show\Season 3\' (7 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-21 08:29:43,655] [49742350] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries\The Bill Engvall Show\Season 2\' (6 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-21 08:29:45,585] [49744280] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries\The Bill Engvall Show\Season 1\' (5 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-21 08:29:47,255] [49745950] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries\Oliver Stone\' (4 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-21 08:29:47,835] [49746530] [Importer ] [INFO ] - VideoThumbnailer: Successfully created thumbnail for resource '\\BUGSBUNNY\TVSeries\Oliver Stone\Oliver Stones Untold History Of The United States S01E01.mkv'

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope.... Imported with no errors at all and had choose to put them into Series...
    I can't see any Metadata importer entry in logfile..
    That's how a logfile needs to look like if the video item are identified:
    [2013-12-27 18:51:43,543] [24968631] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing 'D:\Serien\Moonlight\' (134 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-27 18:51:43,715] [24968802] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing 'D:\Serien\Mistresses (US)\' (133 more resources pending)
    [2013-12-27 18:51:45,041] [24970128] [Importer ] [INFO ] - VideoThumbnailer: Successfully created thumbnail for resource 'D:\Serien\Mistresses (US)\S01E10 - Unmoralische Angebote.mkv'
    [2013-12-27 18:51:45,041] [24970128] [Importer ] [INFO ] - NFO movie metadata extractor running for {e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Serien/Mistresses (US)/S01E10 - Unmoralische Angebote.mkv
    [2013-12-27 18:51:45,134] [24970222] [Importer ] [DEBUG] - SeriesTvDbMatcher: Try to lookup series "tt2295809" from cache: True
    [2013-12-27 18:51:45,197] [24970284] [Importer ] [INFO ] - Loaded series 259054 in 59 milliseconds
    [2013-12-27 18:51:46,273] [24971361] [Importer ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Importing 'D:\Serien\Merlin - Die neuen Abenteuer\' (132 more resources pending)
    There the new Episode S01E10 from Series "Mistresses (US)" was identified correctly, got a thumb and was added to DB properly...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You know it's a funny thing.... Many people talk about what XBMC can do... yet there are users like myself who like what MP2 is becoming but just need some help in making it work the way it feels and shows it should
    I don't think it's bad to look how others are doing things. And if it's good take this and add it to our product instead of reinventing the wheel again but maybe not as good as it was before...
    I really love MP2, especially what it could be in future. But that did not mean to close my eyes and never had a look at anything else. Especially as I need to use XBMC on some devices which are don't run Windows at all. So there MP is no option now. Maybe this will change in far future but until then I need a two way strategy, on Windows MP on Android and Linux XBMC... And imho there are two really great things about XBMC (apart of OS independence). That's the speed of GUI and the way video shares are handled. Most other things I like more on MP (especially MP2) that's why I don't use XBMC as my main HTPC software...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    On first Series import there are no new files on series "The Bill Engvall Show" and a few other new series with some files belonging to. Those are identified and added to DB as series, I'm sure. On second import no new files are found. That's what your logfile is telling me.

BTW, MP2 don't like series with season subfolders. It often will be possible that some files are identified belonging to series "season 3" instead of belonging to season 3 of series "The Bill Engvall Show"...
    As I first tried MP2 I really got mad about this. I had my series all separated into season subfolders but then I gave up and don't use season folders any longer. Also I really would prefer to do so especially on large series like "NCIS" or the old "Doctor Who" with something about 1000 episodes...

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    No, I don't have series named as "s02e01", those are episodes (note they end in .mkv or .avi to show that they are files, not folders). If I removed the episodes from the folder, there'd be nothing to import.

But as for some of your shows importing as videos, I don't know anything about the importer so I can't comment. Perhaps it allocates unknown files to "Video"- ones that it can't identify on thetvdb or wherever its using as a reference. That may be due to a file naming issue.

I did notice that series 3 of one of my shows isn't showing up at all but I haven't thought to see if they're hiding in Videos. Let me look now.

HAHAHAHAH

OMG, EVERY one of my movies, and EVERY one of my TV show episodes, shows up in "Videos". Of course, they also appear in the correct places (Series or Movies) but I also have 35,000 videos in 'Videos'. I can't even open the 'S' folder since about 30,000 TV episodes would be in there (they all start with "s00e00" etc.).

Not quite sure why they're there, but clearly they can't be if I'm ever to use the 'Videos' section for other stuff.

My results clearly show that ALL shows and movies appear in 'Videos', which implies a non-discriminatory importing error. Your issue seems to be the SOME of your shows appear in there - which implies something slightly different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread