Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As for graphics, we could use a logo. :oops: A month or two ago, playing around I threw this together:

logo_small.png

But I am really not very happy with it. Was thinking about having a contest or something at some point to see if we could get something nice created by the community.

The logo, is that for configuration, or for hover images? I'm sure someone will whip up something really cool for you.

Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was thinking just a general purpose logo. I think the hover image displayed in the GUI itself should probably reflect a more generic "you can watch movies here" idea. I don't think it should be anything specific to Moving Pictures in particular, for the same reason that a lot of people want to rename Moving Pictures in the GUI.

I was thinking more of something for in the config (maybe on a loading and an about screen?) and for the wiki once we finally get it launched.

karakas

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2008
    So basically you want a logo that does the same for MovingPictures as

1195205721.jpg

Does for MediaPortal and

windows-logo.jpg

Does for Windows?

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a suggestion. Movie franchises, e.g. Indiana Jones or Harry Potter, often have the same two or three first words in the movie title. Would it be possible for the plugin to sort these on the year of release? Now it depends on the complete title.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I think it looks really good emphatic. I'd really like something that can be unique and stand alone without any text though. You're design would work great in some contexts but in others, like the icon on the MP plugin's tab of the config panel, I think it would need to be a bit more unique. I went ahead and created a logo thread to hopefully pull in a few more designs. I may let this run a little past the 0.6 release as well, to get as many ideas as we can. We will seee though. New thread is here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/moving-pictures-logo-48635/

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Just a suggestion. Movie franchises, e.g. Indiana Jones or Harry Potter, often have the same two or three first words in the movie title. Would it be possible for the plugin to sort these on the year of release? Now it depends on the complete title.

We will probably add some more advanced sorting options in 0.7, but that is at least a few months away. In the meantime you could edit the Sort By field of the movies you want grouped together. For example for the three Indiana Jones movies if you changed the sort by field to "indy1", "indy2" and "indy3" it would group them together and put them in the order you specify. Make sense?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom