Moving Pictures Slow with Imports and Listing Movies

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by wcramer, October 21, 2016.

1. wcramer

wcramer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    For the past couple of months I have found MovingPictures to be very slow with imports and opening up in MediaPortal any ideas on what could cause this or where I should start looking?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,657 / 2
    Turn on debug logging, and then examine the time stamps, look for a long delay.

Or simply post the full logs, and we can assist. The key part is that the logs contain the data that would show the delay, so I would suggest you read the logs yourself as much as possible to ensure that a large time delay is visible, and if you still need help finding out the `cause`, to then post logs.

A known delay would be a slow MediaInfo import to obtain the technical details of the media, which can sometimes be solved by updating the mediainfo.dll (always the 32-bit version) file.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!