Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta] (1 Viewer)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Im sure you are working on sorting option for MPS but I would like to see an easy way to sort all of my movies with missing or incomplete data. That way it would be easier to see the movies that need manual edits. Also an easy way to set the watched/unwatched flag and star rating on the main collection page would be nice.

So far its working very well. Keep up the good work.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta]

jacc1234s idea is a good one. But if you allow to set the watch flag on the homepage you should sync it back to MovingPictures in Mediaportal =)
    Maybe you think it is stupid to have this option, but the positive aspect is that you can easily maintain your movie collection, because browsing with the remote in over 400 Movies sucks and I watched many movies before I had MovingPictures ;)

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have been having a play with this and it seems pretty good fun so far. My suggestions and apologies if these have already been thought of and logged:

1. On the collection list you should be able to see your 5* rating and also the watched flag.
    2. It should be possible to amend your 5* rating & the watched flag on the collection list.
    3. Friend & Movie recommendations based on similar collection and ratings.
    4. fbook & or twitter integration. Invites to screenings. Notifications.
    Edit:
    5. Achievements for watching films. Watching IMDB top 100 etc.

sl0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    <EDIT> It seems like it's working this morning, so no more biggies ;)

I'm having some probs with syncing, i'm not able to sync anything at all, i've been trying over the last couple off days with the same result. only thing i can find in the log is : 14-Dec-2010 19:51:58 Error [ Social]: Unexpected error synchronizing with Moving Pictures Social! System.Net.WebException: Den underliggende forbindelse blev lukket: Forbindelsen blev afbrudt uventet..
    ved System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    I took out doublettes from the list at mps, and wanted to sync to get it right, since then i've had this problem.

Let me know if there's anything i can do at my end... ;)
    neway log attached

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    14-Dec-2010 19:51:58 Error [ Social]: Unexpected error synchronizing with Moving Pictures Social! System.Net.WebException: Den underliggende forbindelse blev lukket: Forbindelsen blev afbrudt uventet..
    ved System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

Hi.
    Same problem here, can't sync at all. Same error in log.

This error is indicating there was an internal timeout in MPS, or when waiting for MPS's response in Lehmden's case. This can be improved by reducing the number of movies synced in each batch. This is a new setting that we're adding to Moving Pictures, but it's not in the distributed build yet. We'll let you know when it's added.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting a long Time to have an ability to share my list of Films with friends. MPS is the way. So I'm glad to help also my possibilities are limited. And sorry if I spell something wrong, English is not my native language...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom