Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemrod95

Portal Member
March 27, 2007
Home Country
France France
thanks fforde, your plug-in is amazing ! Great release ! Thanks a lot for your hard work !

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey, good work folks :)

I haven't tested the plugin yet, but I definitely will this weekend.

I got one request though.. (Don't know if it's allready on the todo-list or even a feature allready.)

1) Is it possible to manually edit or add a title in MP? Like in MyVideo's atm (with the info-button).
- The problem in MyVideo's is that you can't see the original filename and therefore you don't know what movie it is.

So the request is:
- Possibility to edit/add movies in MP with the info-buttone
- Possibility to see the original filename in MP.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi guys,

I decided to download and install it yesterday because I was so curious after reading the thread. I have to say you did a great job!!! The only drawback Í have is kind of my own problem. I have all my video files in a folder called VIDEO. In this folder there is also a folder SERIES, with about 15 TV series that are indexed by the TV Series plugin. But the MovingPictures plugin also scans the SERIES folders, so I get not only my movies but also a lot of serie :) Maybe you can build an option to exclude certain subfolders, or just tell the users to create a seperate SERIES folder that is not in the VIDEO folder. For now, I'm going to move my SERIES folder and let the Tv Series plugin rescan from the new location. Your plugin is great!!!

Gr, Dave

That's is a good point, I will try to clarify that on the importer screen. I think the odds of adding an exclusion folder are pretty low though, at least for the time being. Maybe when things start to settle down in a few months.

And thanks for the feedback. :p

Hey, good work folks :)

I haven't tested the plugin yet, but I definitely will this weekend.

I got one request though.. (Don't know if it's allready on the todo-list or even a feature allready.)

1) Is it possible to manually edit or add a title in MP? Like in MyVideo's atm (with the info-button).
- The problem in MyVideo's is that you can't see the original filename and therefore you don't know what movie it is.

So the request is:
- Possibility to edit/add movies in MP with the info-buttone
- Possibility to see the original filename in MP.

You can edit movie meta-data already in the config screen. Not in the GUI though. To "manually add a title" you just drop it in your watch folder and it gets pulled into the importer. If no match is found currently there is no way to force it to get added with no meta-data (think home movies or rare indie films). That is on the list though.

As far as the file name goes, that is a skin issue. The filename(s) are piped to the skin, but the skinner then needs to choose to display them. However in general I would frown on this...

baldur

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there!

I can assure that I spent many days and nights dealing with Medial Portal's bugs and special issues...but this Plugin is really paying back all the efforts, it is simply great! In my opinion it adds extra spice to watching movies with MP! :)

Regards,
    Baldur

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    This might have already been addressed but will this plugin support logo's (ie dolby, hdtv) as MY TVseries does?

Looks like a fabulous plugin and can't wait to use it.

I see its already planned for .07 release..

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hi there!

I can assure that I spent many days and nights dealing with Medial Portal's bugs and special issues...but this Plugin is really paying back all the efforts, it is simply great! In my opinion it adds extra spice to watching movies with MP! :)

Regards,
    Baldur

Thanks for the kind words! :)

This might have already been addressed but will this plugin support logo's (ie dolby, hdtv) as MY TVseries does?

Looks like a fabulous plugin and can't wait to use it.

Yep. That's a little bit down the line though. We are going to implement filtering (genre, folder, etc) first.

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    3) That is actually bad data in the movie-xml.com database. Until we add a few new data providers you will have to manually correct stuff like that in the configuration screen. Sorry. :(

Fixed for that movie, but please remember anyone can fix this.

Just register on the site and you can update movie details, there is no problem with localized characters, some just need to be updated by users.

Again same thing with covers, if the coverart is not so good, you can upload better ones, and this will benefit all users.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    this plugin is amazing. Today I had a couple of hours so I figured, lets give that new movie plugin a try.
    So I typed MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - Home, and 20 minutes later, I was browsing my entire movie collection, with cover art and backdrops, from within moving pictures. That is fantastic. I come from using MyFilms, and having to maintain an ANT database on the side. With this plugin, all I did was point to adirectory and let the magic begin. This is excactly what I've been lookiNg for.

Thanks a lot for this.

I'll write some more, once I have played with it some man.

Wizard_TPG

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Townsville
    Home Country
    I have not had a play with this plugin as yet but I am extremely interested in it. I have a few questions about features use that may or may not have been considered:

1) Does the plugin support the "Watched" flag so that I could get a list of unwatched movies only?

2) I am currently setting up a home network where my main mediaportal client is also a server. My 2nd mediaportal client connects to the database on the server for its information rather than having to maintain two databases. Does the plugin handle this? ( UserGuides/CentralisedDatabases - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation ).
    (P.S. I would be happy to help test this as I know there are not many using a dual MP client setup.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom