Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrawnarn

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
found a bug in the scanning-process. I keep all my movies in the root of a network drive and I only got a few of all my movies i the database. Then I moved all the files to a subfolder (just called it test) and all of my files were processed!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I keep all my movies in the root of a network drive

that is a not uncommon problem for using roots, so you are always better of having a sub folder for files, afaik its a windows thing.

Regards

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is something I have been thinking of creating for a long time now (don't get too excited I have not started to code it yet). I was thinking along the lines of a generic remote touchscreen screen client/server and web app that whilst not tied directly to MP would interface with MP only for it's first version. This would then be expanded to home automation systems to give you one touchscreen interface to both platforms. It needs a bit of a change in the ethos of MP as a true multi user client/server aware whole house config; so i am thinking more of a MP2 thing.

For a first cut as a proof of concept I was going to create the framme work around c# asp.net running on IIS and get it so you can browse your libraries from an ipod touch, select the vid files you want to convert and it spits them out in ipod format to a share somewhere with proper ATOM tags for TV shows taken from the db................I already have the bits done to write the atoms and convert the media, so now am looking to but together the web framme work.
    If you are interested in that stuff you should check out EventGhost. It's has a web interface and can be hooked into a LOT of programs. Technically I think it's possible already to do a very basic web interface for MediaPortal using that.

What I would love to see though is an official web API for MediaPortal that other plug-ins can link in to...

I however have a bit of a problem. MP crashes everytime a video reaches it's end and stops playing.

Same here... and in my error.log also appears this entry from Johan's error.log file :

Code:
    [ERROR][MPMain]: MediaPortal stopped due 2 an exception Object reference not set to an instance of an
    object. MovingPictures    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI.OnPlayBackEnded(MediaType type,
    String filename)

I can send my error.log if needed, but it's on another computer and I feel quite lazy this morning. :sorry: But if it's needed I can make an effort, ok :)

Anyway I was not using Moving Pictures at all, I was playing a series chapter with MP-TVSeries. It happens with all videos launched from every section of MP. Deleting the .dll also brought peace again.

I tried to make a bug report but the project was set to Read Only this morning for maintenance...
    Mattsk88 is right. This bug is fixed and will be in the next release. As a side not a temporary work around is to make sure you open up Moving Pictures once when you launch MediaPortal. If you do that it shouldn't crash anymore.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    found a bug in the scanning-process. I keep all my movies in the root of a network drive and I only got a few of all my movies i the database. Then I moved all the files to a subfolder (just called it test) and all of my files were processed!

That is strange you would get only a few of your movies picked up. If there was a problem with the scanner picking up files on a network drive I'd expect it either everything to work or nothing to work. Can you post your log file? And was your network drive mapped? So was the path Y:\ or \\mycomp\sharedfolder\?

If you wouldn't mind attaching your logs and creating an issue over on the tracker I would very much appreciate it. (requires a Google account).

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    indeed its weird all my movies are located on network shares which is assigned to a letter ( maybe you can try this ) and works ok so far

thrawnarn

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007

That is strange you would get only a few of your movies picked up. If there was a problem with the scanner picking up files on a network drive I'd expect it either everything to work or nothing to work. Can you post your log file? And was your network drive mapped? So was the path Y:\ or \\mycomp\sharedfolder\?

If you wouldn't mind attaching your logs and creating an issue over on the tracker I would very much appreciate it. (requires a Google account).

The network drive is mapped.
    I could create an Issue but not attach my logs since they are overwritten :( (had another problem later on, but it's solved). The logs I have just start when I moved my files to the subfolder. The only thing weird is:
    Code:
    DBImportPath]: Error scanning L:\
    . This error made the other problem to. Mediaportal stopped working as soon as i started it, and as soon as I started MovingPictures config it also stopped working. I then deleted the old database and made a new one and pointed straight for the subfolder and now everything is working ok. The logs that I'm attaching is from just before I deleted the db.

Hope this is to some help.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thanks for the bug report, that definitely looks like an error. I created an issue for it here. We'll try to get it fixed for 0.5.3. If you want to keep track of the issue on the tracker, if you star it you will get email updates on status changes. Again, requires a Google account though.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    What does your L: drive map to on your server?
    Is it the root of a drive?
    This could be an issue with the plugin trying to read a hidden file in a root folder like system volume information..........

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    This could be an issue with the plugin trying to read a hidden file in a root folder like system volume information..........

That was one reason i was trying to think of, my understanding is also subfolder is less subject to error as address on networks.

thrawnarn

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007
    What does your L: drive map to on your server?
    Is it the root of a drive?

yes, thats true, it's the root of the drive. Sounds like a reasonable reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom