Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was talking to armandp about this earlier and he thought maybe it's cause it tries to use the folder name for grouped files. So if you had a two part movie in the root folder, it might fail when trying to grab the folder name, because there was in fact no folder name.

thrawnarn

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
no two parted movies, though I had two versions of the same movie but the filenames doesn't match at all, the only thing that's the same is the title of the movie, all other parts of the filename were different.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
no two parted movies, though I had two versions of the same movie but the filenames doesn't match at all, the only thing that's the same is the title of the movie, all other parts of the filename were different.

What were the filenames?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I was talking to armandp about this earlier and he thought maybe it's cause it tries to use the folder name for grouped files. So if you had a two part movie in the root folder, it might fail when trying to grab the folder name, because there was in fact no folder name.

I think i mentioned it earlier as well, but that was a big problem for me too.. Got probably 50 matches for the movies; Action, Thriller!, etc etc.. It happened for every -cd1, -cd2, files I have. I have all my files in genre folders, used to have each movie in its own folder, but I had to change it to get imdb in shares view in the built-in video plugin for MP.

spoonyluv

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2008
    First of all, let me say thank you very much.

This plug in looks great and will be a welcome addition to my MP config.

A couple of comments/feedback/wishlist items:
    1. The movie importer seems to be having a tough time with my multi file movies - the search seems to revert to searching for the folder name.
    2. Is it possible to add independant classifications to the movies? I would like to manage my movies based on categories like 'New releases', 'Movie library', 'Kid's movies', etc. Genre is not a great fit for this but a simple tagging of a movie based on its location or manual user entry along with a view that is based on the category would be sweet.

Thanks again for putting this together!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes I know using the folder name for grouped files is a problem. It is being worked on by armandp and a fix will be in the next release.

As far as custom categorizing, that is in the plans for 0.6.

digitalfm

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    First of all, let me say thank you very much.

2. Is it possible to add independant classifications to the movies? I would like to manage my movies based on categories like 'New releases', 'Movie library', 'Kid's movies', etc. Genre is not a great fit for this but a simple tagging of a movie based on its location or manual user entry along with a view that is based on the category would be sweet.

Thanks again for putting this together!
    I completely agree. I currently have folders for my kids movies, home movies, HD movies, SD movies etc. MyVideos picks these up at folder level so I can sort the films into these categories and simply go into the category I want. Moving Pictures seems to lump everything together.

Don't get me wrong, moving pictures is fantastic, but it would be good if it could cater for user categories.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I completely agree. I currently have folders for my kids movies, home movies, HD movies, SD movies etc. MyVideos picks these up at folder level so I can sort the films into these categories and simply go into the category I want. Moving Pictures seems to lump everything together.

Don't get me wrong, moving pictures is fantastic, but it would be good if it could cater for user categories.

Yep, like I said it's in the plans. Keep in mind that 0.5.2 is a feature incomplete Skin Designer's Alpha. Categorizing will be included, but it all takes time. Small steps.

drullens

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2004
    Dongen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I decided to download and install it yesterday because I was so curious after reading the thread. I have to say you did a great job!!! The only drawback Í have is kind of my own problem. I have all my video files in a folder called VIDEO. In this folder there is also a folder SERIES, with about 15 TV series that are indexed by the TV Series plugin. But the MovingPictures plugin also scans the SERIES folders, so I get not only my movies but also a lot of serie :) Maybe you can build an option to exclude certain subfolders, or just tell the users to create a seperate SERIES folder that is not in the VIDEO folder. For now, I'm going to move my SERIES folder and let the Tv Series plugin rescan from the new location. Your plugin is great!!!

Gr, Dave

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom