MovingPictures 1.8.4 [Support for MP 1.23+] [2020-01-26] (4 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Support for that has to come from the skin as well, so first switch to "Titan" and see if you can reproduce the same issue. If it works in "Titan" then contact the respective skin developer to fix their bugs, and otherwise it is back to this thread.

Does your mediaportal.log or moving-pictures.log give any indication on failure?

Everything you are doing I have no problem with on my system with MediaPortal v1.23 and latest MovPic plugin via Extension Installer.

• I'm using a forced backdrop on a few of my categories, either from File, or from a single movie
    • The "» IMDb Top 250" and "» Oscars for Best Picture" categories from IMDb+ are sorted on reverse release date

And I've got other filters active on other categories as viewing categories is my primary view to open MovPic with to quickly find stuff to watch.

Last edited:

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been having issues with MovingPictures 1.8.4.1 not downloading information from IMDB. It is used with Mediaportal 1.23. I have been able to work around it by disabling Windows Firewall although I'm not sure if that was a coincidence. That trick no longer works, and now I can no longer run the Movies configuration so I can manually change items. When I run config it flies through the startup and I can see a quick "Done" and then nothing except an icon on my taskbar where it appears to be running but no configuration window is visible. Log files attached. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Moving Pictures Config.log
      772 bytes
    • movingpictures.log
      3.3 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have been having issues with MovingPictures 1.8.4.1 not downloading information from IMDB. It is used with Mediaportal 1.23. I have been able to work around it by disabling Windows Firewall although I'm not sure if that was a coincidence. That trick no longer works, and now I can no longer run the Movies configuration so I can manually change items. When I run config it flies through the startup and I can see a quick "Done" and then nothing except an icon on my taskbar where it appears to be running but no configuration window is visible. Log files attached. Any suggestions?

You will have to turn scraper-script debug on to figure out what is blocking imports on your end. Or try the IMDb+ plugin, and see if it works then.

Detailed explanation on how to activate Moving-Pictures scraper-script debug logging is available @ and expand the 3rd FAQ entry for "Adding a new, or updating an existing scraper"

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the link. I was able to make the configuration window re-appear by running Task Manager, right clicking on the Moving Pictures Configuration application and selecting Maximize. The scrape was successful after turning off Windows Firewall. Moving Pictures is not the only app I've had this problem with after a recent Windows Firewall upgrade. Even though the Mediaportal application has been selected as an app to be allowed through the Firewall I still need to disable Firewall to allow it to work.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've never had to disable the Windows firewall, and it always works just fine for me. So investigate if you have any conflicting firewall rules configured that can interfere.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    please check

Not going to try to translate all the German in there, but if your MediaInfo is failing then you got conflicts on multiple instances with one not being compatible and then that is the one used. Newer MediaPortal versions use a wrapper to avoid that, but it is still not a perfect solution. If you've ever installed a program that registered MediaInfo then that will still cause a conflict, and you will have to remove that version to stop the conflict.

Scan your entire system/registry for duplicate MediaInfo processors.

And you mention that it worked in 1.22, but that is because the new MediaPortal methods weren't in use then, but I'm on stable 1.25 and they are in place for me, and work fine.

Another option is to manually update the mediainfo.dll with the 32-bit DLL download from the MediaInfo group, but that still won't fix it if you got a conflict in your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom