MovPicNFO (2 Viewers)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    * Save the movie poster as moviename.jpg instead of folder.jpg - if you don't keep each film in a separate folder, these won't be saved for each film or overwritten
    I think this one is already supported by movpicnfo, can't have a look at the settings here...

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    * When creating a cover file, use the one cover selected from the database, not just *any cover*​
    I have lots of own-imported Swedish covers for my kids' movies, very annoying to not have them saved​

Ok, i have to check this, but normally it should take the cover that you've selceted in your Mov.Pic. Config. Please check this again and post *.log file.

* Save the movie poster as moviename.jpg instead of folder.jpg​
    if you don't keep each film in a separate folder, these won't be saved for each film or overwritten​

For all Filenames (textboxes) you can use the tag %Filename% -> this will save the file with the movie name in it.

Last edited:

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just used it on the 1600 Movies in my Collection which are stored on my NAS.
    Worked great, except that it show unresponsive while doing its Task and Win 7 thought it was crashed. Didn't touch it and after some Minutes it showed the success Message.

I think that will change my Workflow. From now on i will scrape New Movies with FilmInfo+ on my Workstation, than let MovPicNFO do everything with the NFO, Covers etc. and than i will move it on my unRaid Server so my HTPC's can scrape the new Stuff with the XBMC Scraper.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is exactly how I have been running it for some month now. It works really fine and the result is exactly how I want it to be. In addition you can mess up your db and then build up a new one in a few minutes...

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just have to find out how to correctly setup XBMC so it will use the cover, Backdrops and the NFO. Got a Raspberry Pi with XBMC installed to experiment with it.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried that too. As far as I remember the nfo will be used without the need to set up something. There are some hickups though... All fields with | as separator like genre won't work. Xbmc will not see the values as separat. Maybe we should discuss this with the dev, there seems to be a difference to the xbmc spec.
    Folder.jpg will work as well without changes but you will have to use fanart.jpg instead of backdrop.jpg. To do that you can use any kind of renaming tool to change existing Files. Then you will have to tell MovPic to look for backdrops with that naming in config and movpicnfo aswell so it will see them and export them as fanart.jpg.

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All fields with | as separator like genre won't work. .
    Ok i have to check this, but very low priority, my other Projects are more important at the moment.

Xbmc will not see the values as separat. Maybe we should discuss this with the dev, there seems to be a difference to the xbmc spec.
    Your right, its not exactly the xbmc standard, because Mov.Pic has some difference / additional fields - i used that format for MovPivNFO.

Folder.jpg will work as well without changes but you will have to use fanart.jpg instead of backdrop.jpg. .
    You can use any Filename for your folder images. See first post, screenshot 3, upper right corner, Cover & FanArt filename in Movie Folder. Here you cn specify the filenames that MovPicNFO will search for in the movie folder.

Perhaps any obe would like to start a german thread - would be easier for me to communicate and understanding ;)

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi scrounger!
    thanks for replying! Sure thing we can change to german. Do you want me to create a thread with the issues above or would you like to create a general german thread for movpicnfo?
    For all non-german users: I will report back here in english with the results of our (german) discussion to the issues mentioned above.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jep German Thread would be a good idea. Would make thing bit more easier.
    Maybe Scrounger could post a thread for MovPicNFO in a suitable German subforum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom