[solved] MP 1.9 stopping (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
It happened whilst watching TV and as soon as I rebooted it died again. I can't make anything concrete from the attached logs, hope you can.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alan, please use the watchdog to collect log files whenever possible. There's a reason we have that tool. It collects all the local MediaPortal and TV Server log files, as well as some generic/anonymous system information... which includes the all-important-for-diagnosing-crashes Windows application and system event logs.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal

[edit: To be clear, I want to help, but I need the Windows application event log to see the cause of the crash. Therefore, I'm asking you to attach the log zip collected by the watchdog.]

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    what about repairing TVSeries DB? latest log is still full of those DB error messages...

AppCrash file points to MP crashed because of "Out of memory" that was caused by broken TVseries DB.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sorry, had to finish the dinner dishes...reading the info you pointed to...[DOUBLEPOST=1431943622][/DOUBLEPOST]ok, did the repair and it deleted a lot of my series. MP hasn't fallen over so now I need to force a reload of the db from disc to get back my missing series.

Last edited:

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had assumed that import would re-install the missing series but it doesn't and I'll lose info if I re-initialise the db - is there a workaround?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The TV-Series importer parses my "missing" files but then the importer ignores them. Is this moving off-topic? Should I start a new thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom