MP crashed with VC++ runtime error (1 Viewer)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    HI all,

I installed RC4 yesterday and had my first crash this morning. At 05:11 my HTPC we wake-up to download EPG data and it crashed shortly after. EPG download is doneoutside MP (using xmltv.exe) so it probably had nothing to do with the crash.

I've attached the logs. Can anyone take a look?

/Peter

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again,

More crashes... This time I gathered all logs with MPTestTool. The crash happened at 23:34 yesterday.

It seems the errors reported are very similar and related to the access of the SQL database.

/Peter

Should have mentioned also that previously I use RC2 without any problems. I upgraded from RC2 to RC4 so I've never tested with RC3.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi asboe,

Just to make sure I got it right... You did not have this problem with RC3 but now you've had it with RC4?

/Peter

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is the crash always happening when waking from standby?
    And if so, how is the PC turned on? (Wake by it self to record, wake to grab EPG from windows task scheduler, or turned on by user).

When gathering logs from an event that happened the day before, remember to manually add .bak files to the zip file. Also if you can give more information about what happened before the crash, it would help a lot.

:D

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello all,

I can confirm this issue here. Appeared after upgrading RC3 -> RC4. It seems to happen after each (?) wakeup from hibernate. I have the feeling that this happens only when it wakes up for a recording and not after a manual wakeup - however not 100% sure.

I'll attach my logs, too - I don't get a clue out of it.

It's quite a pity, because the rest of RC4 is running very fine.

regards from Stuttgart

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Seidelin,

As far as I know it has happened both when the HTPC resumed automatically to grab EPG, when it turned on to record, and when I turned it on manually, i.e. it seems as it does not matter what is triggering the resume for the error to occur. I will give it another go and post the logs here.

/Peter

Added fresh logfiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom