MP Crashes every time I turn TV off - than back on (windows program error) (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not so lucky on investigating the kids tell me they still need to restart the pc for it to work. That is holding down the power button for 10 secs. I don't put the pc to sleep as it use to make the wifi dongle crap out. So just use screen blanking.

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, I can confirm that 1.7.0 final is still crashing in the same way.

This thread seems to lost focus and momentum so I am wondering what the next step is? This has been happening since 1.4.0 and seems to be no closer to being fixed. Should I raise a bug for this? The problem being that it is now difficult to reproduce with logs. How can I ensure it gets some attention?

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello ADMIN might be useful to join
    MP Playback freezes when turning off TV
    with this discussion?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I would be happy to pay one of the mediaportal devs $50 (or donate it to the project) if that helps get some traction?

On my side i can't reproduce it so this is hard for debugging / fixing it :) but you can donate lol :) P

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks @Sebastiii, @mm1352000. I will try disabling GUI sound effects - I am sure this will have a positive effect as it is the navigation 'beep/blip' sound that is causing the crash - but I wonder if it will still crash once another 2-channel sound (such as from the TV) starts. Anyway, I will give it a go (although the navigation sound is actually useful). I thought I had donated a while ago but it appears not. I will donate, but the offer still stands if someone can fix my problem. It's getting so bad I'm even contemplating upgrading my 2010 mac mini to something newer (if only Apple would hurry up and release something!) in case the newer Intel HD audio driver handles it better than my Nvidia one. Or perhaps Windows 8... I'm getting desperate!

[edit]I have been googling this from a different approach as I think this is a Windows problem around the HDMI handshake and not a MP problem (others have reported it on XMBC and so on in the past). Some people suggest that the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus is a good solution, but I am reluctant to spend £100 on something that MAY work. I wonder if Windows 8 or newer hardware would handle it better... [/edit]

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's getting so bad I'm even contemplating upgrading my 2010 mac mini to something newer (if only Apple would hurry up and release something!) in case the newer Intel HD audio driver handles it better than my Nvidia one. Or perhaps Windows 8... I'm getting desperate!
    I don't think that will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom