MP Crashes every time I turn TV off - than back on (windows program error) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I suspect you are right. The Dr HDMI is 'only' £59 so I am going to order one of those. I have a good feeling that it will solve my problem :)

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am fighting the same problem.

We should watch also Thread "MP Playback freezes when turning off TV" there I got following advise:

"You need to start MediaPortal with the WatchDog, reproduce the problem (or wait till the problem occurs) and after that, close MediaPortal. Then the logs will be automatically collected. Attach those here.
    logs from 1 client, showing the issue, will be enough for now."

@Kevin Herring can you do that favior to the support people? I will try to get also such a watchdog log.

[DOUBLEPOST=1398252553][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's getting so bad I'm even contemplating upgrading my 2010 mac mini to something newer (if only Apple would hurry up and release something!) in case the newer Intel HD audio driver handles it better than my Nvidia one. Or perhaps Windows 8... I'm getting desperate!
    I don't think that will help.

mm1352000 what does help? Is/will MP developer provide a solution YES or NO?

It doesn't make sense doing an endless discussion like doing as not understanding what the problem is.

Last edited:

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello everyone.

I had exactly the same problem at my system. I'm having a HTPC - Yamaha Reciver - Samsung TV. On my old ATI graphic card I never had those problem, but after changing to Intel HD 4600 onboard GPU my problems occurred. Especially if I forgot to stop Live TV before i turned off my Receiver.

I solved all my problem after reading this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...onitor-off-detection-how?forum=w7itprogeneral The tape trick over pin 19 did not help me.

Have a look to the almost bottom of this discussion. Have a look after this picture:

When I did this trick all my problems is solved. When I now switch on my TV/Receiver it will still play Live TV...;-)

I bought my flexible HDMI adapter from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Qualit...ion_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a2e6d46e3

Hope this will help everyone who i struggling with this annoying problem...

A

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have ordered the Dr HDMI, but I am tempted to try @andraves' solution. I did see this before (as per my previous posts) but have never tried it.
    @Domarkas: Many logs have been provided but this only occurs when there is an amp which none of the devs have so are unable to reproduce. I now believe that this is not a problem with MP (even though I never had the problem in 1.3) and is a problem with the way Windows 7 handles the HDMI handshake (as detailed in depth by the thread that andraves posted and has been posted before).

I also just found this thread which is really the same issue as this one.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/htpc-hdmi-win7-and-its-many-issues.109242/page-18
    as @johanj says in post #173, the Dr HDMI just works so I think I'll stick with that.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what does help? Is/will MP developer provide a solution YES or NO?
    It doesn't make sense doing an endless discussion like doing as not understanding what the problem is.
    Providing log files helps. You seem to have assumed that you have the same problem as everybody else because your symptoms are the same. Without evidence there is no proof, and I will not even attempt to help.

can you do that favior to the support people? I will try to get also such a watchdog log.
    Kevin already did that last year.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Providing log files helps. You seem to have assumed that you have the same problem as everybody else because your symptoms are the same. Without evidence there is no proof, and I will not even attempt to help.

OK. And what was the solution or reaction by MP?[DOUBLEPOST=1398289820][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah but so much people with the hot-plug-problem and you never heard about that?:cry:

I will provide logs ASAP and I got catch a full log.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everyone.

I had exactly the same problem at my system. I'm having a HTPC - Yamaha Reciver - Samsung TV. On my old ATI graphic card I never had those problem, but after changing to Intel HD 4600 onboard GPU my problems occurred. Especially if I forgot to stop Live TV before i turned off my Receiver.

I solved all my problem after reading this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...onitor-off-detection-how?forum=w7itprogeneral The tape trick over pin 19 did not help me.

Have a look to the almost bottom of this discussion. Have a look after this picture:

When I did this trick all my problems is solved. When I now switch on my TV/Receiver it will still play Live TV...;-)

I bought my flexible HDMI adapter from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Qualit...ion_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a2e6d46e3

Hope this will help everyone who i struggling with this annoying problem...

A
    Is this an official MP workaround? And what for if the problem is gone by 1.4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom