MP crashes on resume after long/overnight sleep (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The only way I can see of proceeding is for you to do another Teamviewer session start up IDA and pull whatever data you need following the instant exceptions. ;)
    That's fine.
    We can do that at some point.
    Unfortunately it won't be possible in the next few days though.

I have not tried but even if it did help stabilise the debugger setup will it help troubleshoot the original problem.
    Again, I wouldn't assume that the "unstable" debugger setup and the "original problem" are unconnected. ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow

I have tested IDA on my side, i was getting around 5 exceptions to setup To pass to app (mediaportal.exe) and then MP is working/usable :)
    If you don't set this, MP will always break with IDA.

I have testing this with Apollo Skin, will test with default HD wide skin to compare :p
    If it works like i was seeing, for you on a resume, IDA should be break on a new exception (the needed one for us) :)

Maybe @CypherMK can try too :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure how to even start IDA properly. Had no explenation yet :)

I tried some options. The logical would be to choose debugger -> attach -> local windows debugger. Then I choose Mediaportal.exe. It will attach, but it will give me a million exceptions while using MP. Is there a setting to just let it run and ignore the exceptions and just continue, untill the resume crash happens?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried to mess with with the IDA settings. I changed this under debugger setup: Unticked everything under events. Everything else unchanged, and now Mediaportal runs without warnings. Will this work? Because setting it up like @mm1352000 did a few posts before doesn't work, because the dialogs are different.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still many exceptions

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep like explain MM, each exception need to be added with a name and click pass :)
    I have done that for around 5 differents exception (keep in mind that if i didn't done that, the same exception happen again and again lol) :p

CJ1045

November 1, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to add that for approx two months now my Mediaportal has been crashing too on most overnights/sleep. A couple of weeks ago I uninstalled everthing that was not the operating system and did a clean install - still crashing. I suspect that I am not alone in not having posted to this thread but have the same issue. Am running lastest Win10 Creative update fully patched.

CJ

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try IDA like explain @mm1352000 because we need some trace about the crash because we can't reproduce it somehow :(

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Dumb question and possibly late, but have you checked for a BIOS update?
    There are MANY people complaining that this is a Windows issue.
    BIOS update seems to fix in some cases...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @CJ1045
    Just to add that for approx two months now my Mediaportal has been crashing too on most overnights/sleep.
    So what changed two months ago?
    Problems don't just start for no reason. There's always a reason.

A couple of weeks ago I uninstalled everthing that was not the operating system and did a clean install - still crashing.
    This doesn't tell us very much.
    What we've found so far is that the crashes - at least those experienced by joecrow and others - are related to audio and/or HDMI. Uninstalling all your software won't help with such problems because the problems are related to drivers, operating system, PC hardware, and connected hardware.

Dumb question and possibly late, but have you checked for a BIOS update?
    Yeah, good point.
    Drivers and BIOS and firmware (eg. for AVR or TV) should be updated where possible.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to confirm that on my HTPC the BIOS, drivers, TV and AVR are all up to date as of a check this morning. Last update (AVR) was over 6 months ago, except for OS. Win 10 x 64 is still on ver 1607 (auto updates as of last week), have not yet updated to the Creators edition (waiting on general release).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom